In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ohio hunters

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Anyone seeing any rut activity yet? A buddy of mine hunted one of my stands this morning and I had an e-mail from him tonight saying he saw a small buck grunting and chasing two doe around for about 30 minutes this morning. Anybody else seeing anything to that sort yet? I have vacation planned for the second week of November, but that seems a long way off now. [;)] Maybe just the big boys will be running by then. [:D]

s.gun, is your grandson ready to leave them girls for a while in search of this years deer? [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    looks like the rut is going strong with sguns grand kid[:)]

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't spent any time nosing around my areas so, I don't know if the scrape lines are being hit though I suspect they are. A friend got a pic last night on his trail camera of a nice 8-pt that had a very swollen neck. My take is that it's coming on strong. If we can get some cooler weather to hang around I believe the deer woods will get buck ruttin' crazy. Been dying to get out the last two evenings but, have had to tend to my Lil' buck hunter...and tomorrow night is trick-or-treat. I'd say that by Saturday evening I'll have a Booner hangin' though...whoa...sorry, I must've dozed off. [;)]

Another website has the Ohio hunters seeing and lots of good deer with a couple nice ones with tags on them. It's time to head to your favorite tree...and get comfy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure sounds like things are beginning to hit. I think I'll see about moving my vacation up some, sure would hate to miss the peak. Hunting before and after work just makes me darn near unbearable to live with, I'm always in a constant rush. [:D]
    Wonder if all this rain this year has anything to do with rut coming on earlier? Farmers aminac says a very cold very snowy winter so that may have an effect somewhere to.

Our trick or treat is Saturday, still need to buy some candy for the few kids that do stop our way. How has your little hunter been doing? Bet old dad stays busy with him around. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been saying fall is ahead of schedule since I began smelling it in the air in early August. I think the rut may peak a bit early this year, too, if we can get some cooler weather to set in. It's just been so warm and all the deer activity I encounter is very early or the late evening with sustantial nap time in between if needed.

Cold and snowy, huh? Won't surprise me...I better get that snow blade for my Rubicon! I just pains me when the little woman goes out there and shovels snow drifts. [:D] I did buy her one of those fancy, lightweight, ergonomially correct models last year. [;)]

The little man, yeah, he's daddy's boy and normally where ever I go, he goes. Even on the pooper. [:o)] Likes to play with the light switches and look in the mirror while on my lap. Totally interrupts my quality reading time with Hef & Co. I normally only have time for the pictures. [:D][8D][:D]

I'm headed to the lease the 2nd week of Nov. unless my instincts pay off here around home. My buck hunting mug is half-full my friend...I've got a good feeling about '04.

Be safe & good luck.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    A.gun swore he is taking a break from the girls to go hunting the next few months.He figures that will also save him money on Christmas Gifts for those girls.

Plan on scouting for a fresh scrape this week end and moving his portable stand to that area.He wants a Buck this year.

I have been out with him twice yet not seen any Deer nor scrape.Crosshair is taking both boys to woods this evening.I will not get out till Sat. evening and maybe Sunday.Been working long hours while I have the opportunity to earn a little extra money.Been laid off a lot the last 3 or 4 years.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    I've been saying fall is ahead of schedule since I began smelling it in the air in early August. I think the rut may peak a bit early this year, too, if we can get some cooler weather to set in. It's just been so warm and all the deer activity I encounter is very early or the late evening with sustantial nap time in between if needed.

Cold and snowy, huh? Won't surprise me...I better get that snow blade for my Rubicon! I just pains me when the little woman goes out there and shovels snow drifts. [:D] I did buy her one of those fancy, lightweight, ergonomially correct models last year. [;)]

The little man, yeah, he's daddy's boy and normally where ever I go, he goes. Even on the pooper. [:o)] Likes to play with the light switches and look in the mirror while on my lap. Totally interrupts my quality reading time with Hef & Co. I normally only have time for the pictures. [:D][8D][:D]

I'm headed to the lease the 2nd week of Nov. unless my instincts pay off here around home. My buck hunting mug is half-full my friend...I've got a good feeling about '04.

Be safe & good luck.

rubicon huh, hondas are nice, i ride with a lot of rubicons. I have a suzuki 500 quad runner.

where'd ya buy that fancy shovel I believe our household could use one to. [;)]

good luck to you to [:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    s.gun, glad to hear a.gun has his priorities in order [;)] he'll have way to much girl time soon enough. wish him luck on getting that buck.

work sure hasn't been to good for a lot of people around here, hope it works out for you.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sat out in the rain tonight and saw nothing from my stand. Soon as I climbed down to leave after dark a small 6 point came strolling by at a fast walk, didn't look at me for one bit and I had just climbed down my latter. He just appeared to be on a mission to find a chick somewhere. [:D]
    Hope tomorrow brings long brow tines, and a drop tine or two. [;)]