In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tip on maps that may help some of you

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I found out recently that I could go to my county court house and visit the map office there. The map office in our county offers a booklet that is broken down by townships and shows all properties and property owners of land that is over 10 acres in size. They only charged me $10 for the book and it is great. I figure it will help out when I run into one those backside (a$%) people who like to argue about property lines and also might help in finding new places to hunt. People tend to like you more when you call them by name on your first meeting to ask permission.
Hope this helps out some of you.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should also be able to get the plot maps and aerial photographs for your county...and if I remember correctly, land owner phone numbers/contacts are usually available from the plot map. At least in my county. The last time I was in there the Engineer gave me a CD of an aerial photograph of my county. It is a very useful tool indeed.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    plot maps are necessity for me. I use them to find rural property I insure. Only problem is I am near Amish country. Yoders galore.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    acme.com

has aireal shots as well.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad
  • Options
    BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another resource may be the Farm Service Agency and the Natural Resource Conservation Service for your area/district. They have aerial photos of all private land producing agricultural commodities (and the ground beside it, like creeks/woodland/pasture). If you are not an ag producer, they may ask what your purpose is but your tax dollars generate these documents. Generally, there is no ownership information included with photos but, along with a rural directory they may be useful.