In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mathews Icon./ bought the LX

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
What have you guys heard about the Icon? I have the sq now but I have tendoitious in my elbow and that bow ain't helpin I can get an Icon for $550.00 has maybe 20 shots on it is this a good deal?[?]

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your elbow. The Icon is a great target bow very consistent and easy to shoot with the long riser. IMHO it is too long to serve you well as a hunting bow, and you would be better served paying a bit more and buying an Outback. Which elbow is hurting by the way?
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    have you tried glucosomine, buckey?

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about the elbow, hope it doesn't get to bad that ya can't draw a bow. Now!!!! before someone else thinks it. I find if I switch hands while drinking (or other activities[;)]) it helps with not putting added pressure on one elbow[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Guys I have had cortozone shots that last for a while then it comes back. I have the sq2 and its pretty tough to hold with a bad elbow. Friday I went down to my Mathews dealer and pulled a few of the new bows,I decided to purchace the LX my dealer set it up on the spot for me I shot it a lot Sat and Sun. This bow is wonderful easy to pull fast very quiet and accurate. It's probley the smoothest bow I've ever pulled. I love it. After 4 years the dealer gave me $300.00 towards the new bow for my new LX, so I think it was a pretty fair deal. I did however hve to drop to 60# instead of74# but what the heck after a weekend of shooting the tendons are not bothering me. I was fearful with the Illinois trip comming up I would have a nice buck in front of me and not be able to draw smoothly.[:p]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good luck on your up coming hunt! Let us know the out come.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you got a very good deal. Did your Mathews dealer have a good deal on the LX to begin with, there are dealers around me have lowered the prices on the LX and the Legacy just to try and move them. Since Mathews came out with the Outback the dealers have been having a heck of a time trying to sell the other bows in the mathews line. Anyway congrats on your purchase and I hope your elbow gets better.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GOGLEN.
    No he dosen't have sales or deals, But I have known him for a long time. This is my 3rd brand new mathews I purchaced from him and have sent him at least 3 or 4 other people down who bought bows from him. so I asked him how much and he said come down I'll take care of you. I didden't ask any questions.He has been very good to me and I will continue to do business with him. By the way he sells Mahews like hot cakes cant keep them on the shelf. I diddent Know much about the lx but tell what Im impressed with it.[:D][:D][:D][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    Thats great it is always nice to have a good dealer that is willing to work with you. I hope you enjoy your new bow. Have you heard of speed pro max arrows? A buddy of mine is shooting a 60# outback @ 317 fps with these arrows, I didn't believe it myself until I saw the cronograph. You might want to check them out.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot the Speed Pro Max arrows...a High Country Archery exclusive. [;)] I've posted before that I'm in the mid 340's with these shafts out of my HCA Carbon 4-Runner.
    Hmmm, I'm surprised they shoot out of a Mathews bow. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No I haven't heard of them. What makes them so much faster? I will be checking them out. Thanks for all the positive support. Just a point of intrest I asked my dealer who's name is Bill, How do you sell so many Mathews Bows with the price of them? His reply was[:)] I dont I let the costomer shoot the bow and it sell's its'-self.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey...the Speed Pro Max arrows are very light and strong. 5.5 grains per inch. The top grade shafts weigh 6.2 gpi. There are several grades of these shafts available but, only from a HCA dealer. Check out Highcountryarchery.com but, be careful that you don't find yourself falling in love with a real bow. [;)][:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went to their site, and you have to call a phone # to locate a local dealer they weren't open yet.[V] You better not let goglen hear you bad mouthing my Mathews.,[}:)] High country makes a good bow just not as good as mathews.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Arrows are IMHO the only good thing high country makes so there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All the arrows high country makes are on back order and you cannot get them. So what good are they, If you cant get your hands on them? I'll stick with with carbon express. I called the factory and the woman was rude when I asked her why dealers dont have them. Screw high country. They finally came out with somthing that works well and ya cant get it[xx(] great marketing.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All the arrows high country makes are on back order and you cannot get them. So what good are they, If you cant get your hands on them? I'll stick with with carbon express. I called the factory and the woman was rude when I asked her why dealers dont have them. Screw high country. They finally came out with somthing that works well and ya cant get it[xx(] great marketing.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're correct regarding the "great marketing"...they are so good that the consumers have bought up most everything that has been produced. As far as the rude woman...maybe she didn't like you? [B)][;)][:D]
    If you really wanted some I could check with my dealer as he had a whole case a month ago.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea, But what good are they if you can't get them[?] they mide-as well not exist. As for the woman on the phone[xx(] it's not her job to like me. I am a paying customer. Nope I would not buy any of high countrys products. If they treat me like this now how will they treat me after a purchase? besides many reviews say the arrow is fast but extreemly brittle and the shatter very easy. theese comments were from people who have them. sorry not going to switch[:)]