In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

a monster has been created

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Well I took the day off and I went to a few local pawn shop this morning. I ended up getting a bit more then I really wanted to, but I figure its a good starting point. I walked out with 3 bows; almost 2 dozen easton arrows, 2 releases; "hightech" arrow rest, quivers and other odds and ends that I have no idea what they are. The bows I ended up with are: a Golden Eagle Formula 3d; PSE game sport NR Montec and a PSE Nitro. I walked out after dropping an even $200. I also got some info on a local archery club. So the adventure begins.....

Nadine

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    good to see you're diving in head first!!! It is not an easy sport to lose interest in. Have fun.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    good to see you're diving in head first!!! It is not an easy sport to lose interest in. Have fun.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif

Sport? h*ll I thought it was a way of life[:D]. Great catch there gagirl, have a blast with your new adventure.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    if nobody has told you yet make sure you protect your left forearm from bow sting slap ,( that' s if you're a right hander,) hold the bow out at arms lenght and you will see where the string is going to hit your arm, either use a arm gaurd or learn to bend your arm just enough to keep it out of harms way [:D] good luck and have fun
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    easiest way I have found to avoid string slap is to roll your left shoulder in if you are right handed.
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you need an armguard you are holding the bow wrong. Ask your local Archery instructor what you are doing wrong. It is an easy fix. The only reason for an armguard in my opinion is to keep bulky clothes from getting in the pathway of the string when released.
  • Options
    dahmerdahmer Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mkirkland
    If you need an armguard you are holding the bow wrong. Ask your local Archery instructor what you are doing wrong. It is an easy fix. The only reason for an armguard in my opinion is to keep bulky clothes from getting in the pathway of the string when released.
    Have to agree about the armguard. I shot the pro division in the IBO for 5 years and never wear an armguard unless hunting. The advise given about rolling your left shoulder in if you are right handed is 100% correct.