In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

my weekend hunting

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Fri. was the last day of my permit for the allerton hunt. So I took Fri. off and went out, saw several deer past on a few others two far out or to much brush between us. I did see two montser deer they were to far off and trailing doe. Nice tall, thick, wide racks. I was just happy to see something like that. Anyway I was getting hungry for some breakfast and had to go home and pack to head to S. Illinois to go hunting so I did one last look around and here came a little eight trotting in. So I thought last day out here I'm shooting. He was within 20, I let her fly and I tipped a limb that I didn't even see. but I still hit him right in the neck, my first thought was crap I just wounded him then he turned and there was blood just pouring out the neck and his mouth and nose. He went 25-30 from where i shot him and he went down. Not the shot I wanted but I got my meat.
S. Illinois hunt not as productive but I did see several just no shot opportunity. I did watch a 12pt+ run by my tree after my buddy shot at it and hit the tree next to him. Take care y'all and good luck in the woods!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Comments