In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just got back from stat care

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I went out this morning hunting, while heading into my stand I noticed two deer silowets (sp?) on the hilljust above one of my stands. So I sat down against a tree to wait and see if they moved on before I could get into my stand. While sitting there I felt something gentleman my hand, I scratched it a little then thought nothing of it, finally after a hour or so I got to my stand and climbed in. I hadn't been there long before my hand started itching again and felt really hot. I pulled off my glove and had blood between my index finger and thumb, figured it was a briar. I stayed there until around 10 before I had to leave, headache, neck was completely sore, my hand was burning up and itched like there was no tomorrow. After i got to the truck I was sweeting and felt like I might pass out. I stopped at my parents house to get some pills before coming home and my mom asked why my hand was swelled up, got to looking and there are two little holes between my finger and thumb and leaking some kind of fluid. I went to stat care and they said it was most likely a spider bite, gave me a shot and sent me in for a prescription. Can you believe that? Never heard of a spider in Ohio making someone sick. I figure I'm about to lay down and take a nap, sure wastes a good hunting day and a vacation day. [}:)] I was kinda embarressed going to see all those girls at the stat care place. I wonder if they noticed any of my deer aromas that I had been wearing earlier? [:D]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Hope your feeling better. Was there any cute nurses to look at??

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    classic spider bite
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Spider bites are nasty things. I hope ya feel better. heres a hug from a Georgia girl.......
  • Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bummer about the spider bite, Sus. That's sort of odd, though. It was raining here today and pretty cold. I don't ever recall seeing spiders in that kind of weather, but then again i never really paid that much attention. The cold doesn't affect them much in the dark parts of my unheated garage. I've seen them down there in freezing cold, so maybe they don't mind. There is a fuzzy white worm in trees in late summer and fall that causes severe reactions in some people. They hurt worse than a wasp. You'd have felt it sooner if it was one of those, though.

By all means, take a little snooze, maybe you'll see some more silowets (good l(*)(*)kin' nurse types!)

Joe
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]
    bang's looking for chicks, [;)] nope the ones I saw were rather manly and scarey. Should I look into getting you any numbers? I'm sure they were all beautiful on the inside. [:D]

I feel fine now, got a little sleep catch up, some tv time, and bonded with fido a little. He couldn't figure out why he was allowed upstairs, but mom wasn't home so we didn't tell. [;)]
    Then a few beers and a late afternoon 4-wheeler ride to the dam and we all good to go hunting tomorrow at first light. Might have me a bit of ice cream tonight and try to milk the fact I had to go to stat care today. [:D][:D]

stihl, it rained here early this morning, maybe 2 or 3, but was clear the rest. It was rather cold this morning, overcast kept the sun from warming much up. I'll watch out for the fuzzy white worms, don't ever recall seeing them though, hopefully they stay south of the Ohio river. [;)]