In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A little rant here prolly going to be funny

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I swear the older I get the worse of a hunter I become. I remeber the day after I got my bow and went out with it. I didnt have a tree stand so i walked into the woods and sat down. Well on my way in I see a 10 pointer staring at me BROADSIDE at 20 yards. So like any 16 year old I fire and the thing jumps my string and ducks the arrow. Well after a good 4 hour search I go home empty handed not even a speck of blood. Unscathed i go to a different spot a week or so later im walking acrossed a cut corn field and a basket rack 6 pointer no joke here trotts up to me at 30 yards checks me out and frollics away leaving me almost in tears. that year i did not take a deer. the next year i got a stand for christmas and set it up, first place a I did i See another 10 pointer but I did not get a chance to shoot it. later in the year same deer i see it again and no shot. Year 2 offered. the next 2 years i did not bow hunt much at all, I didnt have time because of football and girls. Freshman year same scenario so I didnt come home to hunt till gun season. the next year I hunted with my bow every chance I got and taged a 4 pointer my first buck. now Im hooked on bow hunting. Last year I hunted every weekend and shot a doe during bow and gun season.

now comes this year Im full blown into bow hunting i have a crap load of stands brand new 700 dollars bow that I can shoot well and a good knowledge of hunting, and what has it got me this year. Ive seen a fawn and was outsmarted by a buck the other night who waited for me to get out of my stand after dark to run away from me.

after sitting in my stands this year Ive come to this conclussion Id rather be lucky like I used to be than some what experienced like i am now[:)]
O on a side note to show how unlucky i am right now while writing this I lost 4000 grand in fake money on party poker. Im going to go have a beer or 2 or 3 and go to bed I hope I amused someone with this

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I write the above and its all starting to make sense now. now I know what them planes were doing afew weeks back [:p]
    NYS DEC Comes Clean...

Avon, NY - The New York State Department of Environmental conservation released information regarding experimental use of airborne contraceptives on whitetailed deer in the Southern Zone of New York State in 2004. A spokesperson for the NYSDEC said that crop dusting airplanes were used to dispense the experimental substance, designed to affect the reproductive system in female Whitetailed Deer.

"The substance reduces the amount of estrogen produced by the animal, preventing it from going into heat. This should have unrivaled success to any other population control method, including hunting" said the spokesperson. "This contraceptive trial, coupled with the reduction in DMP's issued in the Southern Zone, should allow biologists to closer monitor its effectiveness."

Animals who have come into contact with the contraceptive ARE safe for consumption. The experimental drug should have no affect on the male animals, and is designed only to affect Whitetailed deer.

The spokesperson also issued this alarming statement for hunters. "Due to females NOT going into heat because of the contraceptive, typical rut activity will not be experienced by those in distribution areas. Details about those areas, specifically DMU's will be released in early 2005."

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Don't get frustrated, it is tough at times. Last year I went a long time and never saw a deer. This year has been different for me. I guess that is why it is called hunting and not shooting.
    And on your other post, that really makes me mad [:(!]that they are going to try this contraceptive, I have heard talk of it here in Illinois but what will this do to hunting? The state makes a lot of money off of whitetail hunting I think it would be a bad idea for the state as well as for us meat eating hunters. I will fight that tooth and nail if it comes to be.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Don't give up headzilla, bought the time your not expecting it that's when your wall hanger walks by.
    That news article is rather disturbing. Why do people have to (four letter bad word) with everything. I'd be worried to eat any deer that may have this dust stuff on them, think they tested for it effecting people that eat the deer?