In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Want to set up a bow shop-what do I need?

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
I am getting tired of having to take my bow, my arows in whenever I need to have something fixed/checked, adjusted.
I would like to set up a little bow shop in my basement.
I want to be able to:
refletch, renock arrows.
Straighten ALUMINUM arrows
Put new strings on compound and crossbow.
New peepsights, kissers, etc.

So what should I be getting to get my new shop started?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    your going to need a bow press some flethching jigs

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    salzo, if you want I will check with some friends of mine about archery equipment that they might want to sell. One got himself into bow hunting about 4 years ago, he's the type of person who needs everything to do anything. He bought expensive stuff and hunted for maybe two years, I know he had a bow press, aluminum fletching tools for 6 arrow at a time, and one of those chronograph deals. Another guy actually started a full blown bow shop in the basement of his wifes resturant. It turned into a place for him and his buddies to drink beer and shot the breeze then petered out pretty quick. Not sure what all kinds of stuff he has down there. Don't know if either of them have computers but I can find out what they got and get you in touch with them. We're located in central ohio.