In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

this evening

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Got in my stand around 2 this afternoon. On the way in I immediately noticed a new scrap along the edge of the field about 60 yards from my stand. Once I got to my stand there was a sapling rubbed in my of my shooting lanes. Sat there till dark and saw one deer, it was a buck a small 6 or 8 point maybe. He only had one side of his rack, the other was hanging on the side of his face, along with a bunch of blood. Plus he seemed really nervous and wanted to get out of the area pretty quick. Sorta acted like he had just been caught in someones bedroom. [:D] Funniest deer activity I've seen in a while, that poor little guy had been stomped bad and he just wanted to leave. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet that was funny looking though. I tell you what I catch somebody in my bedroom they are gonna be stomped when I get done with them along with my wife. All kidding aside he probably had a bad headache and wanted to get to the heavy cover and go to bed for a day or two![:(!]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He got run clear out of the area cause I haven't seen since that night. I imagine his head was hurting something fierce. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I would think an Antler would normally break off clean with no blood.Makes me think that he may have been hit really hard and broken out a piece of his skull if the antler was hanging with blood evident.

Maybe hit by vehicle? Maybe stabbed real hard while fighting? Maybe shot with Arrow or Rifle? Just some thoughts.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He never got close enough to see what was holding it on still. I never gave it much thought till you say that, wonder why it didn't come clean off? The blood was all over the side of his head, I assumed it was from the broken antler, maybe he did have other injuries.