In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm back

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Had a great time at the lake. Not many pics, sorry ben, bass fishin was bad, caught some but no "keeper" size. did some gar fishin just for some action and caught a few asian carp, wow do they fight! Get them just about to you and zzzing goes the line.
1st week was a little slow since I was by myself(well without my family) but still enjoyable. We did have a little excitment last Sat. night when one of the twins had an allergic reaction to some baby food but after a couple hours at emergency room she is fine. Saw lots of deer and turkey and for the first time, several ferral cats almost every night they came out. They did keep my dog entertained[:D].
So anyway 118 beers and 1 bottle of captain later we are home.
Ben I will try to get the pics I do have up soon.
I kind of missed y'all. [:I]

Here is a pic of my crap (carp)I caught.

DSC00024.jpg

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I only saw 4.[:0] Only one buck. Damn thing was huge(about 130-150. He tippytoed into my persimmon grove at dark. Big SOB came right into my shooting lane. I drew, and looked, and couldn't find him through my peep, so he left unscathed, and I never saw him again. Later on in the week I shot a big doe who had a fawn trailing 70 yards behind her. Probably dressed to 130-140. But then she made me sad.....she still had milk.[:(] So here's to the little guy who will have a long winter. Go find another deer to hang with, stay close, and watch out for VC in the trees.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Ben.... we sure missed you.... dang now I have to dodge lightning bolts all day.....[;)]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Later on in the week I shot a big doe who had a fawn trailing 70 yards behind her. Probably dressed to 130-140. But then she made me sad.....she still had milk

I shot a doe, and the two fawns she was with stuck around while I field dressed their mother. God that was awful. I vowed that next time I saw a momma with fawns, id shoot the fawns instead of the mamma.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    y'know salzo, I've always shot the fawns off of the does, and it never bothered me, but I wanted more meat this time, so I shot the doe. I definitly did not expect her to have milk.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good to have you back! You were missed. There seem to be a few missing still and the board has been slow. Congrats on the doe, I shot one with milk too this year[:0]. You'll get over it[;)].

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    yup the field dressing of a mother with milk ranks high on the gross list and watching the fawns run around you while dressing does make u feel bad, but it is wheening time anyways

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You left?[:D] To bad you didn't get that 9 you were telling me about. I shot a big doe opening morning that after she ran off twins followed her. I've seen them since and they're doing fine.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Ben, welcome back. Sorry to hear about the buck and those fawns will be fine. You know those things are tougher than any three of us put together.