In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What could have been (pics)

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
This is my attempt at pictures. So if this works it should be a pic of a deer that was hit by a car right outside the woods I was hunting. The blood is from the bullet used by DNR to finish him off. Oh ya he was walking into my section of woods[:(]. Other side of the road is a harvested corn field.

cardeer.jpg

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    If he was dumb enough to get run over then you wouldn't of wanted to shoot him. [;)]
    Isn't luck just grand? [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    my thaughts and preys are with u dealing with your lose

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Susp. you have no idea how my luck works, this doesn't suprize me at all. Would you care to see the one I did get that same day. it is a bad pic, he's just layin' in the back of the truck and a little bloody, he was neck shot (tipped a limb[:0]). Not proud of it[:(]. Oh....and much smaller[B)].

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got some pics of the buck I shot in 02. but I'm not really proud of the buck. it was a 4 pointer but it would have been an 8 pointer but another buck beat em up and broke off 6 of his points. it was a nice 140lbs buck. but lets see the pics.
    -michael
    edited November -1
    Bring on the pictures, doesn't matter how big or small, this isn't a contest. [:)]
    Blood does make me sqeemish....[;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Kind of a bad pic but here you go. And I would like to add that he is riding in a DODGE. I had to add that for gagirl. I hope to have more pics after this weekend.

buck04.jpg

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I would like to add that he is riding in a DODGE. I had to add that for gagirl.

Awwwww..... you were thinking about me. I feel so special. Hey going on my first bow hunt this weekend with some friends. They talked me into going on the dykes for some hogs.... not quite sure what I am in for yet... but hopefully I will come back. Wish me luck.....
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dykes for some hogs sounds kinky[}:)]
    edited November -1
    Dykes and hogs make me wish I lived in GA [^]

congrats on the deer bang, is that a bullet wound in his neck? [:0]
    just teasing [;)]

edited November -1
    Darlin you are more then welcome to come so south georgia and hunt hogs anyday. We have soooo many ... the season is year around and there is no limit.
    edited November -1
    gagirl. I will be needing something to hunt this summer to keep my sanity, may I join in on the fun??

edited November -1
    That is so wild, it sounds like those feral hogs in GA are like what we would consider a ground hog here in Ohio, but seem like they'd be a ton more fun to hunt. Do any of them get very big, look to me like around a hundred pounds or so?
    While looking at the information on hunting these things, I noticed that GA residents can shot 12 deer per season AND can buy tags to hunt alligators! If you didn't have any dam snakes your state would be darn near perfect. [:D]
    How cool would it be to hunt a alligator? And here I thought a 63# flathead catfish was something [:o)]......

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY SUSP THIS IS FOR YOU!
    Alligator Balls Recipe

1 lb Chopped alligator meat
    1 Egg
    1 tb Finely chopped onions
    1 tb Finely chopped celery
    1 tb Finely chopped parsley
    2 tb Finely chopped shallots
    2 ts Lemon pepper
    1/2 ts Salt
    1/4 c Bread crumbs
    1 c Cooking oil
    Flour to dredge

Combine all ingredients, form 1 inch diameter balls, allow to set one hour. Dredge in flour and fry till brown. Serve hot.
    Alligator and Andouille Sauce Piquante Recipe

5 lb Alligator meat
    Cajun seasoning
    1/4 c Olive Oil -- +1 tsp.
    1 1/4 lb Smoked andouille sausage -- diced
    1 cn Tomato Sauce -- 10oz.
    1/3 c Margarine
    1/3 c Dark Roux
    1/4 c Chicken Base
    4 c Spanish Onion -- chopped
    1 c Bell Pepper -- chopped
    1 c Celery -- diced
    1 ts Cayenne Pepper
    2 tb Jalapeno Pepper -- diced
    1 ts Sugar
    2 tb Garlic -- chopped
    3 c Fresh mushrooms -- sliced
    2 qt Water
    1/2 c Green Onion Bottoms -- chopped
    1/2 c Parsley -- chopped
    3 c Rice -- cooked
    Mixture of cornstarch and water for thickening -- optional

Rub both sides of alligator meat with Cajun seasoning and cut into 1 inch by 1 inch pieces. If possible, allow to marinate overnight. Brown alligator in olive oil over high heat. Remove from pot. Saut? andouille in same oil for 5 minutes and remove from pot. Pour tomato sauce into pot with remaining oil. Stir sauce over high heat until it is very brown, burned. Keep stirring until a thick ball of paste forms. Add margarine, roux, chicken base, onions, bell pepper, celery, cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers and sugar. Saut? until onions are clear. Return alligator and andouille to pot. Add garlic, mushrooms and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 1 hour, adding water as needed. Once alligator is tender, add green onions and parsley. Cornstarch mixture may be added to thicken gravy. Serve over hot cooked rice. Chicken, squirrel, rabbit, turtle or duck may be substituted for the alligator. Regular smoked sausage may be substituted for the andouille.
  • daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SUSP THIS IS A GOOD AND EASY ONE ( OH YEAH ITS ET-TOO-FEY!)

Alligator Etouffee Recipe

1 lb Alligator meat - cut in thin strips
    1/2 lb Butter (2 sticks)
    1/2 c Green onions - chopped
    1/4 c Parsley - chopped
    2 Garlic cloves - minced
    4 Celery stalks - chopped
    1 cn Tomatoes
    -salt, cayenne and black
    -pepper

Saute onions, garlic and celery in butter until soft. Add tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes in covered iron pot. Add alligator meat and allow to cook over low heat until tender (approximately 1 hour). If gravy is too thick, add a little hot water. Serve over rice.
    edited November -1
    hey thanks daweimer, I printed them out. Now I'll go on a search of alligator meat....it may be a while before I make it to the big city to purchase that....
    edited November -1
    As for hunting gators... come on down.. one of my last boyfriends before getting tied down is licensed for hunting gators by the state. The tags for them are a total pain in the *... cause they are hard to get and you can only get one... I think... so I just leave that to the others. Of course if hubby knew I went with the ex he wouldnt be happy.. but hey... if you dont tell I wont tell.

As for the hogs... they are fun... and there is no limit. I am not sure who told you there was but according to the DNR the regs are :
    Private Lands

No closed season; no limit. No hunting over bait, from a vehicle, or at night with a light over 6 volts. A resident Hunting License is required to hunt feral hogs for all resident hunters 16 years old or older, except when hunting on land owned by them or their immediate family (blood or dependent relationship) residing in the same household. Non-residents must meet non-resident license requirements.

National Forest Lands (outside of WMAs)

Hogs may be taken with archery equipment during archery deer hunts, with deer firearms during firearms deer hunts, with turkey firearms during turkey hunts and with small game firearms during small game dates from Aug. 15-Feb. 28. Pursuing, catching or hunting hogs with dogs is not allowed during firearms deer season. No limit. No night hunting. Hunting license requirements must be met. Hunter orange is required during firearms and primitive weapons deer seasons.

Well I only have one requirement on tradeing out... here goes... ouch this hurts.....not sure I can get this out... well I guess yall can come down but would rather trade for a .... crap here goes... d... du... yeah well duck trip... ok I said it... yeah duck trip for David...Damn that hurts... but gotta be the good wife and get something for him ever now and then too. But ya know he can always be out looking for duck while I am looking for a nice buck.. yeah that would work.
    edited November -1
    quote: If you didn't have any dam snakes your state would be darn near perfect. [:D]
    Yeah right no snakes... but hey stick with me I actually like snakes.. no problem there.. just keep a fuzzy worm away from me.... those dang things are just unnatural.
    edited November -1
    I believe you meant to say before you got happily married, not tied down. [:D] So you have went on one of these gator hunts? Do you just shine their eyes with light then shoot them? That would be similar to giggin frogs arounds here, less the shooting.

As for duck hunts I need new hip waders or a new dog, mostly small numbers of woods and mallards round here, lucky to see groups of 20 or more at a time. Now canadian geese, if we didn't have a 2 per day limit we could shoot them things till the boat sank.

• riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    his daddy is the one you are after
    edited November -1
    No we dont do the shining thing.(although its fun... just not legal but as long as you go with a cop you can maybe stay outta trouble it worked for me). How we have always done it is go to a lake or pond where one is with a fishing pole with weighted hooks. You throw it out over the gator and drag it across it. It will catch in the skin and the fight is on. It can sometimes take an hour or two but if you like fishing then you will love this. When they blow their gut its pretty much all over. They cant stay under any longer and have to come up and you can get it to the bank. Once you get em up to the bank you have a pole with a noose. Slid it over the head and they usually start rolling. Someone gets on the gators back and pins the back legs back ontop of the body then the front man tapes or bands the mouth. Electric tape works better then bands it is easier to get around the mouth tight. They have to kill anything over 5 feet. We normally just tell people we are going to relocate them, just dont tell them it is to our fridge. It has started to cool down in this area. I think it was in the low 50s this morning so this is not the time of year to catch gators, but a spring hog and gator hunt is great. And the dinner that night.... oh we are talking true backwoods southern delight. YUMMY!!!!

oh.. and have dog will travel