In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Back among the living!!!

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
After spending fri-sun wishing someone would shoot me, i'm baaaack. Had a bad case of bronchitis which just kicks me in my butt. Not get any younger seems to contribute.(Waiting for comments to fly) Still not 100% but will be by Friday for shotgun season. On another note talked to Ben on the phone today, nice guy and looking forward to meeting him soon.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Ruined the weekend, sucks. Don't you hate when sickness does that? Doesn't it know you can be sick at work all week, but the weekends are yours? [:D]
    Drink fluids and practice with plenty of slugs, it'll all be good. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ruined the weekend, sucks. Don't you hate when sickness does that? Doesn't it know you can be sick at work all week, but the weekends are yours? [:D]
    Drink fluids and practice with plenty of slugs, it'll all be good. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How'd I do that?????

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Dr. dork home remedy, try to kill any virus or bacteria with alcohol. It may take Rum or wiskey depending on the severity of the case beer generally will not work. Sometimes baileys' and coffee will do the trick.
    As for the slugs, a Dr. dork don't do, don't buy fedral premium hollow points. almost $12 for five[B)]. Ouch! I didn't look at the price just bought them. Won't do that again.
    Glad your feeling better.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    DONT TELL HIM TO DRINK he will and miss more hunting

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks zilla, i'm not havin a drink til I meet bang when we hook up in So. Ill, and maybe just one then to celebrate his news.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok bad idea! Maybe my news has put drinking on my mind. To celebrate and to cry. I'm guessin' I won't get near as much hunin' in next year[;)]. Call you in a couple days taco.

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not to overlook your sickness taco, but I read $12 for 5 federal slugs...... holly cow! I haven't bought slugs for a couple years, but what ever happened to a box of 5 for $2.75 or $2.99? Got me worried enough to go check and see how many I have left. Looks like I may be a shot gunning this year since my archery skills have been so wonderful this year [:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Susp. they still have boxes of slugs for pretty cheap $3-4, I just didn't pay attention when I picked up the fedral premium HP. My DA moment of the day.

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yep, talked to taco. He's a helluva nice guy, and has the same desire to get into the woods that most of us share. I can sympathize with his bronchitis, I grew up getting that crap every deer season. It's not so much being sick that sucks as not being able to get into the woods without finding yourself needing to cough at inopertune moments. Well, make sure it is completely gone, taco. Drink plenty of water and O.J., and if you think it is cold-related, use Zycam.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Susp. they still have boxes of slugs for pretty cheap $3-4, I just didn't pay attention when I picked up the fedral premium HP. My DA moment of the day.

[:D] I was starting to worry. I still have 4 boxes of 12 and looked like a dozen or more 20 gauge boxes so I'm good until I have to sight in a new slug gun.