In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

value on old recurve? (pics added)

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
I have a really old (at least 40 years, maybe more) 45 lb recurve bow with some broadheads attached to wooden arrows. I was wondering about an approximate value for when I divvy up Grandpa's things amongst the greatgrandchildren, ie. it's not for sale.

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need more info Henry, like what make and model it is. That would be a big help in putting a price on it.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • pacyewpacyew Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Henry,

Gosh - this honesty could be anything from $40 to $400 plus dependant on what the bow is, what the quiver is and of course the arrows and broadheads.

For instance, if it were an excellent 1959 Bear Kodiak with a period brown metal cap quiver and the arrows were Bear Brand of the same period - and if they had original Bear Razorheads - you might be looking at $1000 bucks to the right collector.

Or - if it were a 1970's of the same combination - it's value might be $200.00

or it might be worth $40.00 total.

Older archery equipment, especially bowhunting stuff, is collectable.

So - what' cha got?

Jay
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:I divvy up Grandpa's things amongst the greatgrandchildren

Sorry about your loss. You have a not-so-fun job to do now. Give us more info and we can help.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are the pictures. It's a model B-1 Hunter, 55" fiberglass, 40 lb pull. The broadheads are fixed and I don't have the little cross pieces that go in them. When I showed the bow to woman at our gun club she was practically drooling over it. She wanted me to allow her to take it home and fit it with a string, but I suspected I would never see it again if I did.

Any estimates on age (I know it's at least 35 years old) and/or value appreciated.

8084e54e.jpg

20425d6b.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

d050a27d.jpg

118b98e5.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
    edited November -1
    I'll look into it, henry.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I'll look into it, henry.

Ben

I've posted this same info at Archery Talk:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121745

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

edited November -1
    There are a few of them being ebayed right now, but the auctions don't end for a few days. Have you looked at them?

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
    edited November -1
    Henry, did you ever get this figured out?

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."