In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Crosshair is succesful with Crossbow / Picture

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
Crosshair and A.Gun hunted over scrapes Sat. evening and were very succesful bagging this very good Ohio Big Buck.[^]

I will tell them I posted this picture here and try to get them both activated into posting here again.I think they are tiring themselves out hunting too much.

Image14BUCKDEER.jpg
Image13BUCKDEER.jpg

1-Powder
2-Patch
3-Ball
4-Remove the Rod
5-Do Not Forget the Cap.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice!! congrats to them!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good for them. The good old Ohio corn did him some good by the looks of it.
    So which one took the shot?

Hope to see them around posting.
  • Options
    crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still around just not spending any time on the computer lately. Just lots of time in the woods. Finally paid off for me though. Hunted those darn scrapes about eight different times and never seen a deer in my stand. Figured he was only coming around at night to clean the scrapes up every other day. He finally made the mistake by chasing his girl friend right under me then he came in at 20 yards and I put it to him. Been hunting for deer for 26 years and it is my biggest and he is going on the wall for good. Momma says that I have to move the others to the bedroom so I have a fight on my hands now.[:p]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Move the deer heads [?] [:0]

Great buck Crosshair!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ye, She only likes one at a time in the living room for some reason. My sons first buck from last year is in the dining room. I have one of mine in the living room now and the rest in the bedroom. So she wants me to do some shifting when I get this one back. I may just fight it out. Hang the second in Living room while she is at work and then tell her it is to late because there is already a hole in the wall from the screw that I will install. Or just put it in the bedroom all, about one foot above the headboard on her side of course and see how she likes that.[;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't that be a scary sight to walk up to outa a dead sleep? [:D]

I'm not going to say anything, I have one deer head, my largest, hangin above the fireplace in our house. A buddy of mine does taxidermy work on the side so he has 4 or 5 of mine in his house, I have one in my brothers rec room and I believe I still have two in my parents breezeway or else their in the barn. Then all my skull mounts or rack cut offs are thrown in the barn too. I actually got tired of people talking about them all the time, it was normally the same people everytime they stopped. Got to admit a story can only be told so many times. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, Even scarier if I hang two of them above her side if she keeps it up. We will work it out and I will win I think? She is pretty good when it comes to sweet talking. She still thinks it is wrong shooting the poor deer but has no problem eating the deer. I have been working on my 4 year old daughter about hunting deer. She says she will hunt with her daddy so maybe that will be true. I hope! That will really make momma mad![}:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    crosshair mine will be three soon and I already have a nerf ball bow for her. She knows her elk and turkey and the sounds they make and she knows her whitetail. I hope she'll be my little hunter.[;)]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang 250, Does momma know what plans you have for your daughter hunting? I keep asking my daughter if she is going to hunt with her daddy and my wife always wants to answer for her. You know, the stuff us men have to put up with. If my daughter wants to go mamma won't have a choice now will she? Nope![:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have two more girls still in the oven so surely one will be a daddys girl and hunt with me. My bets right now are on our first one but who knows I guess.