In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Release Aids

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
I have a release that is shaped like a pistol grip with a thumb trigger on it. It has worked fine so far, but yesterday I dislocated and fractured the middle finger on my right hand and now it just plain hurts like the devil when I attempt to draw my bow. ( Note to self... do not let hand get between boat and pullover on dike )My new one will be in hopefully this week and not shooting it is just out of the question. Does anyone have a suggestion of a release that will not cause any strain on my middle finger?

On a good note we continued hunting and got a hen wood duck, hen merganzer, drake mallard and some teal. Saw a few pintails flying but not season for them yet.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    the ones that velcro to your wrist wouldn't put as much, but you'd still have to grip it using your finger.

wow, you shot all them ducks with your bow and your finger was broke. Goes to show you what practice can do, swell job gagirl [;)]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    will stick to my rem 870 for the birds. The idea of hunting turkey with a bow scares the crap outta me.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't wait to get a turkey with my bow, I actually try calling if I am not seeing deer.
    Don't be scared gagirl it will be ok. Its just a wittle birdy.[:D][;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    Oh hope the finger is ok. That middle one can come in handy sometimes.[:0]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you use a wrist release you will not need the use of your middle finger for drawing or shooting your bow I use a fletch hunter wrist release. If you try to use something along the lines of a Winn Free Flight glove style release this will require the use of your whole hand in drawing/shooting you bow.
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by bang250

Aint quite sure what to say......[8D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Could be worse, it coulda been the trigger/booger pickin finger[:D] Hard to go diggin with a bad finger[;)]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Could be worse, it coulda been the trigger/booger pickin finger[:D] Hard to go diggin with a bad finger[;)]

I tell you guys: Sometimes it is really hard to be good.

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Pretty funny Vinnie, [:D][:D]although i hate to admit it. If the boogers don't pay the rent they are evicted[:0]
    edited November -1
    It's ok Ben... you of all people know that I have a habit of saying things that I prolly should never say....
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    It's ok Ben... you of all people know that I have a habit of saying things that I prolly should never say....

I fight it every day gg. Every minute of every day.

Ben(the self-proclaimed tourettes victim)

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    edited November -1
    quote:Oh hope the finger is ok. That middle one can come in handy sometimes.

Hey now I don't know what y'all are thinkin but I was takin' about when you have to go to town, you know that city drivin'. [;)]

edited November -1
    Sorry bang my mind is always in the gutter... it got stuck there and I hate cleaning gutters so I just left it there