In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why is it so expensive?

mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
I went to an indoor range yesterday and the guy charged me 7$ for two hours of shooting. Being the deal seeker that I am I asked about any deals he offered for regular customers. He had a buy ten sessions get one free, thats 11 two hour sessions for 70$. Doesn't seem to be much of a deal to me. The last place I shot had a year membership(indoor) for $130. I guess I need to find something else that has lower prices, that is after I use the 11 sessions that I bought anyway[8D]

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've never been to Reno or NV for that matter so bare with me some. You can't go anywhere and shoot for free? Buy a target and it outlast those 11 sessions for the same maybe less money.
    The place I buy my stuff from lets me shoot in his range for free, but it isn't a big range or shop either. I rarely do this cause he's about 45 minutes away from me.

Buckey has a block target I'll bet he'll give ya for free, right Buckey? [:D]
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually I moved from Reno and now live in Los Angeles. I have a box target but living in a city I can't use it with no wilderness areas close by. I guess I should update my profile. I was just wondering how much you guys spend(if any) to hangout at the local shop/indoor range with the guys. I am trying to break into the sport and into hunting so I kind of want to be where other hunters go.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our bow club charges 15 bucks a year to shoot the 10 target 3-D course outside. If you want a membership to the indoor range it's 40 but indoors only has a 20yd shot and room for just 2 people at a time. Once a month we have a 30 target 3-D course that cost members 5 and non-members 7 to shoot it.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mkirkland
    I kind of want to be where other hunters go.

If you ask my wife she says I'm either hunting, working, or training our ____ dog to hunt duck and I never spend time with her, then I follow up with a "That's good right?" and she says yes. [:D]
    Sounds like taco has the place we all need, does that club offer a fridge with cold beverages to? I need to sign back up with our local sportsman club, didn't renew this past year, saved a hole $20 [:I]
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know most EVERYTHING I love costs a fortune! It just will depend on where your at! I lived in Reno for a year and never had my bow out of the case. I also never golfed out there. Mostly because I never met anyone out there to go with for either. I know, MY FAULT![8)]
    I now know I will never let that happen again. Used to shoot indoors and 3D all th time. I WILL GET BACK TO IT.

Taco, Who is the club you shoot with?

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The place I go charges a membership fee of $35 a year that gives you range time for $3, and a 10% discount on all merchandise.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Suspension, your looking for trouble arent you. and yes he can have my block target it dosent stop anything anyway. Hi goglen[}:)][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    It's on now!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez stir the pot a little why don't ya.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ENOS, I shoot at the Illiana bow club just east of Georgetown. Bang knows where it is, it's also Sam's bow shop. During the off months during archery season we have monthly shoots, plus drinkin and eatin afterwards.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!