In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bow

nolenvtnolenvt Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I am looking for a new bow for next year so I was just wandering whats good these days. I'm tired of my 65lbs let off I was like 85 or somthing around there so I dont know if you guys can help me out that would be great.
-manson

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at a Hoyt havotec zr 200, 1992 model. Does anyone know anything about this bow or the pricing of it. Comes with limbsavers, silencers, stabilizers and more.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I know that a 1992 model compound bow is probably worth about 20% of what it cost new.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fleabay has a 2002 for $350.00 loaded, so i'd have to agree with Ben. I wouldn't give much more than $100 for it, there has been 12 years of upgrades to bows. This would almost be a dinosaur by todays standards.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    correction year is 2002

thanks for the replies

-nolen
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    depending what "and more" is that comes with it, my high offer would be $225 if it's two years old.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure it is the right draw length also. If you have a longer or shorter draw than the bow it will be useless. Be sure to factor useing a release or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the draw length is 27"-30" and the pull weight is 60-70#, is this pull weight adjustable (either more or less)?

nolen
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, both are adjustable.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are slacking up...I can't believe no one has tried to talk him into a Mathews, yet.
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you gone to a pro shop to find your draw length? Everyones draw length is different. Yes the weight is adjustable from 60# up to 70#. What price is the guy asking? My advice is to go to a pro shop price a compareable setup, see if there are any used bows at the shop and ask if the shop does service and setup on used bows bought from them. You have to factor in the price of setting the bow up to you. Buying private has its benefits but so does buying from the pro shop especially if you are a beginner. When I was first starting out I got set up, one month free range time, and a couple of free lessons for the price of my bow. So in the long run I got my monies worth. Good luck and happy hunting!
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have a couple of questions for you. 1. Is it the single cam or the cam and a half? 2. Which limbs does it have the xt 2000? 3. Have you even looked at a Mathews? After all I hate seeing people setling for second rate bows (no offense non Mathews people). 4. If it is a cam and a half system why would you want something Darton designed over 10 years ago, on a new bow? 5. Hoyt's slogan is get serious, if they are so serious why don't they produce competion winning bows in the extent that Mathews does? 6. Have you talked to anyone about Hoyt's customer service? If not I suggest you go to a pro shop and do so you will most likely find out what I am telling you IT SUCKS!!!! Getting them to service there own product is like pulling teeth in most cases. 7. Have you picked the bow up yet or even shot it? Most people I know that shoot them there biggest gripe about the bow is the grip being as narrow as it is.
    Anyway I am done with my barrage of questions, go to the pro shop, and shop around on the internet to try and find the right bow I am sure you will find out that the Hoyt is not it.
    In Short BUY A MATHEWS IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS IF YOU WANT THE BEST REMEMBER MATHEWS!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Found my mathews used very good condition but a 1/2" longer in draw than what I was. The fella wanted an outback and split the cost of new cams to bring it down to my draw length. Q2 less than four years old only paid $350 with the new parts and restrung, quiver included.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There ya "go-go"...finally...[;)]