In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cougar found dead in west central Illinois

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
http://reviewatlas.com/articles/2004/12/08/news/local/news1.txt

Anyone heard this yet?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    pretty good size one isn't it. We had one get shot last year a little south of where I live. I believe the guy said it attacked him or his dog. Good answer I'd say. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    We have panthers down here and I lost a horse to one about 1 1/2 years ago. Problem is I could not shoot it but the State did have to pay me for the loss of my horse and for my daughter's 'emotional suffering' since it was her horse. I didnt even have to ask for he money. When I filed a report they came to me and asked how much the horse was worth and cut me a check for double. We just cant shoot the damn things.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thats pretty good of them. Maybe I should move down there. I don't know if I could deal with the fire ants though. You do have those don't you?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have lived in GA for 8 days short of 33 years and I can count the amount of times I have had run ins with fire ants on one hand. We do however have those nasty little gnats that most people really hate. Get a thermocell and they wont bother you either. I work 1 block off the beach live 2 blocks off the river on the west and south sides of my house, and am at work in december wearing a tshirt and riding with the windows down. Fire ants are not a big issue when you consider the other bonus factors in the south. Plus we can fish and hunt 365 days a year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have lived in GA for 8 days short of 33 years and I can count the amount of times I have had run ins with fire ants on one hand. We do however have those nasty little gnats that most people really hate. Get a thermocell and they wont bother you either. I work 1 block off the beach live 2 blocks off the river on the west and south sides of my house, and am at work in december wearing a tshirt and riding with the windows down. Fire ants are not a big issue when you consider the other bonus factors in the south. Plus we can fish and hunt 365 days a year.