In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?New world record non typical shot in Illinois?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone heard this. I heard it from some students at the vet school today. Still trying to find pics. They said it had shovels for drop tines.[:0]
OK here is the story/pic the student supplied.

This big guy was bagged just North of Macomb Illinois, off Tower Road, Unofficially it is believed to be a new world record. This untypical buck is a 44 pointer, but could be as much as 48 points. Boone and Crocket has him at 288 points, but it is believed that after a final tally he should have over a 300 score.

Scottandhisbigdeer.jpg
bigdeerpictures034.jpg

I still have no real confirmation.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You Illinois folks always exaggerate, shovels...??? [:D][;)]
    I'd like to see the pictures if you find any, always nice to dream, least for me it is. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    no susp, we got the best genetically altered corn in the world. Most of our bucks look like they're having a 'bad antler day'.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    geez, that things mom musta had a moose boyfriend. I woulda choked if I saw it in the woods, I just know it. [:)]
    thanks for the pics bang

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's ugly but that's easy for me to say since I didn't shoot it! For sure my wife wouldn't let me hang that in the family room.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BigEd
    I think it's ugly but that's easy for me to say since I didn't shoot it! For sure my wife wouldn't let me hang that in the family room.

I would hang it right up at Bass Pro. That right there is a $50,000 buck and a free professional replica.

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben........I see your point. The looks are growing on me after reading your post. Maybe I wouldn't hang it in my family room either.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I would love to drag him outta the woods.Some Big Buck there.[:)]

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.