In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arrow Trivia

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
What kind of wood was used and claimed to be the best ever found for making wood arrow shafts?

This was a well known fact known by most all archery enthusiasts before fiberglass,aluminum,and later came graphite or carbon shafts.

I just might be able to recall many things that you guys under 40 years of age might have a problem finding an answer.

1-Powder
2-Patch
3-Ball
4-Remove the Rod
5-Do Not Forget the Cap.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ceder

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this one. The arrow wood tree. I don't know if that is correct, but I do know there is a tree called the arrow wood, and it was used to make arrows by the native americans.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Headzilla;how old are you?

There is a certain type of Cedar Tree Headzilla that is considered the very best.Named "Port Orford Cedar".Other cedars were considered inferior.Always wondered if there is a place by that name of Port Orford.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    So port orford cedar is the answer? man s.gun make your questions a little easier, I can't find answers to yours. [;)]

welcome aboard Islander1989!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ye, He knows that but can't find the bucks in the woods. I think he might be spending to much time on the toilet. What do you think? No just kidding he just has had some bad luck with the bucks the last few years. He enjoys seeing his grandsons getting them instead of him though. Which is a good thing. I bet some fathers and grandfathers deep inside get pissed when their son's end up killing big bucks that they have seen earlier. No kidding, I know a guy that will not take his son to the place he turkey hunts during the youth hunt because he doesn't want to disturb the area before he can hunt it. So he takes his son to a different place. What an as@#&%$. I can't imagine doing something like that. It's more exciting seeing them get them than us.[:D]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Options
    crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by s.gun

What kind of wood was used and claimed to be the best ever found for making wood arrow shafts?

This was a well known fact known by most all archery enthusiasts before fiberglass,aluminum,and later came graphite
    I just might be able to recall many things that you guys under 40 years of age might have a problem finding an answer.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haha I don't know crosshair. What would you be thinking in muzzleloader when me or s.gun are draggin out big ol' "no neck"? [:p] but then again, maybe he didn't even survive gun season[V]