In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TRUE OR FALSE

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I was shed hunting in Rhode Island in the month of March, when a buck and bedded doe jumped up in front of us looked at us at 50 yards away. The deer was a very good 8 pointer. He proceded to mount the doe and tried humping her before she ran a few seconds later. Is the tale- true or false[?]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    false.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    false. It could be true; however, I'd be more likely to believe it was a pimp mounting a stump.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'll say true for these reasons:
    Nobody else has said it yet. [;)]
    Plus it's strange enough that it actually happened, how would Buckey think that up out of nowhere.

winner is........[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey susp. I'm thinkin' who ,or what in this case, would look at buckey and then feel like knockin one off?

Just kiddin buckey[:D] I couldn't help myself[:I]

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I choose B[:D] oops wrong answer.

That's is just wrong all ya'll pickin on buckey like this while he isn't here to defend himself. At least wait til he's around to give it to him[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by bang250
    Hey susp. I'm thinkin' who ,or what in this case, would look at buckey and then feel like knockin one off?

Just kiddin buckey[:D] I couldn't help myself[:I]
    [/quote

Gonna have to disagree bang, I can have my eyes close and get the urge to knock one off. [:D]
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gonna have to say false. Way too late for mating activity to be going on, but then again I have seen some weird deer pics before. Like the buck on top of a buck on top of a doe...lol...deer can be quite dumb sometimes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This story is 100% true. I coulden't believe my eyes not only was I amazed that this buck still had his rack, but then tried to mount the doe. my brother was standing there with me. We just looked at each other like did you just see the same thing I saw. by the time I got out my digital camera they were gone. If someone told me this story and I didden't see it I would tell them they were nuts. But it is the truth.[:0]
  • Options
    Spearit86Spearit86 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just maybe, this female deer had already avoided all the other male deer, and he happened to come across and found that ah ha! yet another, I don't have to be celibate till next year yet! I'm not sure how long they are in heat per say, but, do they really only go into heat at specific times of the year, or if just like dogs, cattle, or sheep, whenever the cycle comes around? I have seen little Bambi's running around all times of the year, but really hard to see them out from being hidden by the mother in the brush.

If you don't need it, find someone who needs it more than you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Having the rack fooled me. I figured by that time it would have shed.[:I]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I coulden't believe it either "March". I guess in the wild ya just never know thats what keeps it interesting.[;)]