In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this true?

Spearit86Spearit86 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
Is it true that both the male and female Reindeer in the north grow antlers? Then, they both lose the antlers to be grown back again, and one can never tell if one is male or female without looking deeper under their bellies? I heard this and wasn't quite sure if it was true or not.

If you don't need it, find someone who needs it more than you.

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yes it is; however, their breeding season is over by the end of november, and then the males drop their antlers. So on Christmas, theoretically, if Santa's reindeer have antlers they are female.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea I agree with BEN sounded good. actually he is correct male and femaile reindeer have antlers. Is it true your an Elf?[}:)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Okay let's go a little further with this. What causes a whitetail doe to grow horns? I know it's pretty rare, but it does happen. Is it from hormone imbalances or what?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent