In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A quick thought!!

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen in a few post lately about guys saying how good there bows are and others are second rate. What should it matter if you are happy with your bow. I saw a video of the olympic gold medalist hunting and he missed 2 deer within 20 yards of his stand. My neighbor will not be happy until he can shoot quarter size groups, me if I hit in the kill zone i'm pleased cuz it means meat is comin home. Point is, who cares if you're shooting a Whitetail II or a top of the line Mathews as long as you enjoy yourself and hittin what yer aimin at.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!

Comments

• gonecribbingonecribbin Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am one of the guys who gave in to speed and quietness. I shot the same bow for 11 years, and went to the range and someone let me shoot their mathews. I was impressed by its speed and quietness and ended up buying one. I now agree with you Taco, I can still shoot my old bow at a very successful rate, and dont think I needed to make such a drastic upgrade to be successful. Dont get me wrong, I love my Outback, but I actually hunted with my old bow just as much as my new one this year. Maybe im just stubborn, I dont know.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I just like to stir the pot[:D]. Hope I didn't offend anyone didn't mean to[:I]. I shot an Impact before my mathews. lots of vibration and lots of noise, actually had to aim low to get a good hit when they would croutch to run. Its all about knowing your bow I guess but I won't go back[^]. But I will also say I was in the market for a new bow and got an outstanding deal on mine. In fact I asked on here what you all thought of the deal before I made my purchase. probably would have bought PSE (which I like to make fun of because A friend of mine shoots them, not because there is anything wrong with them) if I hadn't got the Q2. but again what I had to compare it to is not much. I may have had 30% let off on the old bow.
    I like to stir it up all in fun. I apoligize if I had anything to do with your post or thoughts leading to your post.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taco is right I love my PSE(precision shooting equipment)(lets leave it that for now you guys) I have know shot two different PSE bows and wont change until something gos wrong that pisses me away from them! Some people spend hundreds of $$$$$$ on bare bows they don't even know how they shoot![B)] I spent $150 BARE for my latest bow and have done very well.[:)] I used to shoot indoors for two seasons and averaged 280's with ,OH YES A PSE![^]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stir away bro, not PO'ed at anyone takes alot more than that to get under my skin. BTW bang, didn't you say you got your bow at Sams over here?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sam changed the cams and put a new string on for me I got it from one of the guys that shoots over there. It is either Toby or Trent I forget. I know the brother Travis that is how I got hooked up with the bow.
    Are you headed south anymore this year??

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine