In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

True or False???

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
I had been hunting the same buck for 2 years. He was a monster, the sheer mass of his antlers made me quiver anytime I heard a deer walk through the woods. I knew he was close, and I know that he is the biggest deer that I have ever chased. I had seen him 2 times in the woods, and also twice from the road, but had never got close enough to get an arrow in him. Well on January 15th archery season ended, and doe-only pistol season arrived. On the first morning of the season I was sitting on the ground when I saw a very nice buck closly trailing an absolutely enormous doe about a hundred yards out. Well, even though it was a nice buck, I was not going to poach it. I was more than happy to shoot this huge doe. As they approached me, both of them cut off into some thick brush. The buck stayed far back in the brush. The doe walked into a small opening and offered me a broadside shot at 40yards. I should not have taken the shot(way too much brush), but I did. It is the shot that I will regret for the rest of my life. I killed the doe, and it only went about 150yards(liver shot). However, when I found it, to my utter dismay and disgustion I saw something that I was NOT EXPECTING. Two very very very large scabby divots on top of its head. I killed him. I killed him with a pistol. And, I killed him without his horns. He had already shed. I stared at him for a half hour with my jaw just dropped. I was damn near fighting tears.[:(]

Ben

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'll say True.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I say false. Ben cry? No way!!
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    False, would never shoot through so much bush, and what is this Bambi where Bucks get together to talk about politics?[:o)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    What's the answer ben, I can't take it I need to know!![;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess you could say the Buck was dressed in Drag![8D]
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    now what is the law regarding this it was a buck but didnt have any horns whats the deal they jail u for that one

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I will also say false, I think at that range you would have been able to tell a buck from a doe by the body even if it did shed. Great story Ben.[?]Oh the suspensene is killing me[B)]Not to meantion The Suspension. get it ha ha[:p]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    It is TRUE BS.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    It is TRUE BS.

Ben

True BS you say? [:D]