In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This morning

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Saw a total of 15 deer this morning/afternoon and not one single horn amoung the bunch. At one point all 15 were within sight of me. It was like cattle grazing around me. [:D] Wish I owned a horse to herd them up with.
Only had a couple small ones come within range so we went out for a amish dinner tonight instead of deer. [:D] Plus I do believe I am totally done buying for Chistmas. Got the woman some gloves and a scarf tonight that she picked out and plans to wrap for herself to. She's way to kind to me. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    sportsport Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't feel bad sus, i've been hard at it for a week here in MI....have seen approx 40-50 deer (many duplicates) and not a horn in the bunch. Muzzle is over now, so it's a doe or nothing now....

BTW, did you happen to see this one yet? Potential new state record here in MI...a bruiser.

http://mudh.com/displaySection.php?sectionID=4
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a bruiser for sure. Man them are some long tines.
    Wasn't that Milo Hanson deer from MI? You guys must be doing something right up there. [:D]

I still have muzzleloader season next week, so we'll see. I'm sure I'll continue to plug away during archery to. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a bruiser for sure. Man them are some long tines.
    Wasn't that Milo Hanson deer from MI? You guys must be doing something right up there. [:D]

I still have muzzleloader season next week, so we'll see. I'm sure I'll continue to plug away during archery to. [:D]
  • Options
    sportsport Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that Hanson buck was from up in canada i believe. however, the controversial 'rompola' was taken up north MI. world record if he would have it entered, but he won't. if this deer is real, it's absolutely amazing.

http://www.freep.com/sports/outdoors/qxdeerx6.htm

good luck with muzzle and late archery
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh, Canada, I thought it was MI.

I've heard a little about this Rompola buck. I think it looks fake or else inbred with a mule deer[:D]. What would make someone not want to class it as a trophy? Makes no sense to me. I don't believe you are required to collect royalties, but why not. Everyone knows he has it by know anyway so it's not a secret anymore. I say he's trying to get more attention out of the deal.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent