In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

season is a coming!

bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
well i headed down to Gander Mt last night where my father in law works part time in the archery department to start doing some practice before the season gets hit. i am not sure what it was but every thing was just out of whack.

first i get there and as i near the range i see a ton of people which sucks being a small range. i always go for the last hour they are open and usually have the range to my self. well what i found made me feel better. my FIL forgot to tell me there was a youth class till 8:30. now that i can deal with. so i shop around and some how manged not to buy anything.

ok i have a half hour to shoot. first i open my case (closed since last season) and of course my broad heads are still on no biggie the target points should be right here in my case, nope they are home. $$$$ for new points. now for what ever reason my brain is fryied i step up to draw and duh i should probably get my release. of course its not in the case but in my truck. well once i run out and got it thing went good. start with a decent group but low(maybe the different points or just me) adjust the site a little and shoot 6-7 groups that i was very happy with.

well now that everything is in its place saturday should be better. FIL works tuesday and saturday nights (mainly for the discounts) so till season i will shoot 1-2 nights a week. if i wasn't so cheap i would just buy a target for home. the fever has started with only 78 days to go

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    The fever has definitely started, I am having dreams already about hunting.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I was shooting daily till it got to be 95 degrees and 100 percent humidity. we are supposed to get some severe thunderstorm tonite that should cool things down..... WOODS WITHDRAWAL[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    20' up a tree, cool morning air, light breese. Ahhh!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    20' up a tree, cool morning air, light breese. Ahhh!
    I hear ya you can't explain that feeling of anticiptaion and enthusiam to someone who has not expierenced that feeling. Oh you forgot Crow's calling in the distance, the sharp shreek of a blue jay just feet away. the wonder of it all. Oh yea that feeling of having to take a real bad SH$$$ as soon as you get settled in your stand 25 feet above the ground PRICELESS,[xx(][:D][:D]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    The squirrel sitting 6 feet away on a branch above you shreiking and dropping acorns on your head. [:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes getting settled in and haveing to go is the worst especially when using a climber. 3-4 years ago i had it happen and of course the papper was in the truck. i ran to the truck 200 yrds away taking the long route in order not to disturb my scent trail i left coming in, get back to the stand climb half way, and i had left my bow on the hanger, and here he( decent 8 pt, 16 in spread or so, definately shootable) comes up the scent trap. he never busted me but i never got a shoot or ever saw him again. next year i saw some amazing tracks and rubs in the same area but never saw him. poop happens! literally!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpa098
    yes getting settled in and haveing to go is the worst especially when using a climber. 3-4 years ago i had it happen and of course the papper was in the truck. i ran to the truck 200 yrds away taking the long route in order not to disturb my scent trail i left coming in, get back to the stand climb half way, and i had left my bow on the hanger, and here he( decent 8 pt, 16 in spread or so, definately shootable) comes up the scent trap. he never busted me but i never got a shoot or ever saw him again. next year i saw some amazing tracks and rubs in the same area but never saw him. poop happens! literally!
    Always poop before you get in the tree[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't drink coffee before going to the stand and I'm good. Learned that early on......the hard way.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not often that it happens and my coffee is actually mountain dew. i start my mourning cleaning out the bowels but some days just just get the rattlecan spatters, and it is always at the worst time and places

now my father in law 90% of the time we step in the woods he instantly has to go!!! and yup it is usually the coffee talking!! poor guy i keep papper around just for him
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got a friend that says its just something about the woods that makes him have to go. [:D]