In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

100 yard group

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was out playing with some long distance shots and this was the result. I turned up my limbs 2.5 turns, and re-did all my pins. Then started to step back. Eventually was at 140 yards and only missed the target once. After shooting this kind of distance 20-40 is a cake walk.

Sorry the pictures are low quality and small. I took them with my phone.

0ad814fb.jpg
6f5cde71.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    140 [:0] Holy fo shizzle!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Wow I dont think this old man can see that far good shooting[8D]
  • Options
    AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be able to see that far if i squinted with the sun behind me using a spotting scope
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AHansen
    Might be able to see that far if i squinted with the sun behind me using a spotting scope
    welcome my friend what are ya shooting.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was at it again last night. 5 out of 5 in the vitals of a deer target... Not that I would shoot an animal that far out, but it is still fun. Others at the range last night would not try it even after I showed them it could be done.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This with a crossbow or compound? If compound what's the weight of your arrows?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    This with a crossbow or compound? If compound what's the weight of your arrows?

That is with my Vectrix 29" 64lbs shooting a 400gr Gold Tip Pro Hunter arrow with 2.3" Duravane 3D fletch 2 degree right offset, pin nocks, and 100 gr target points. QAD Ultra Pro LD rest, Cobra Sureloc Sidewinder sight, 11.5" Doinker PowerBar(16.9oz), and a TruBall ST360 were all in the setup. I chrono'd this set up and came out at 280FPS.

Any questions?[:D]

In all seriousness this is my 3-D setup, hunting setup, and spot rig all in one. Beware the man with one gun... or in this case bow. I think it is better to shoot one bow real good, and not mess with 2 or 3 different bows.