In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scouting camera?

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I have not been around for a while. Its been a busy summer. With archery season right around the corner, I am thinking about getting a scouting/trail camera. Anybody got some insight/suggestions for something reasonable? Dicks has a .3 megapixel for $59. I definitely want digital with the removeable card. Any info much appreciated.

I also posted this on the "experts" forum, but I wanted to ask over here as well.

Thanks.[8D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was at Dicks today and they have a "Wildview" brand 4.0 megapixel scouting camera onsale for $119. It normally sells for $169. Are these any good? Any suggestions on a scouting camera in the $150 range?

Thanks.
  • Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moultrie Game Spy
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I have been building my own but ya cant do it in that price range I saw some photos from that moultree game spy they were pretty darn good,,,, At the wedding I went to tonite I spoke to my wifes cousin they live near wher that big deer I has pictures of last year snd posted confirmed HE'S back alive and well this deer had got to be in the 150's this year I'm so excited gonna getmy camera in there and see if I can get some pix I will post.... Hopefully I will geta crack at him treestand still there fom last season he goes somewhere else in the fall and winter.. I'm gonna try to connect wiyh him yhis fall.. what a deer this is a phoyo of him last fall i can ony inagine how big that rack is this year..
    Picture075.jpga419e00e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow Buckey! That is a nice deer in those pics. I hope you get him this fall. I read some other posts about the cams you are building. I don't have alot to spend on one right now. I just got the bill for my daughters college tuition this upcoming fall for around $15,000. I do not have much leftover to invest on the trail cam. We have a Gander Mountain opening here in September. I hope to get one then during the big sale they have whenever they open a new store. Bass Pro has the 4.0 Moultrie Game Spy for $99 online. May be a good deal. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the new Moultrie No Flash 4.0 and love it! $220 at Cabelas. Good trigger speed and Great pics. (you can look at my post "No Flash Rules") If you can go that much, I'm sold on the No Flash idea. We've been getting MANY pics of deer on salt licks where with reg cams we would only get one or two. If you can't go that much, the I can definately recommend Moultrie. This is my first but several of my buddies have been using them for seveal years with GREAT results. Great cam for the price![;)] Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah, for us "pervs" out here, we'll need to see a pic of your daughter going to college! [:0] [:o)][:o)][:o)]

just kidding, wish her good luck from all of us. Where she going?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Oh yeah, for us "pervs" out here, we'll need to see a pic of your daughter going to college! [:0] [:o)][:o)][:o)] Theres somthing wrong with you.. Its the guys daughter man thats not funny, you doughnut head[:I][:I]

just kidding, wish her good luck from all of us. Where she going?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey, once again, I can't see anything of your post except a "[" so did I miss the post that showed the secret jr. woodchuck handshake or something???[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Hey Buckey, once again, I can't see anything of your post except a "[" so did I miss the post that showed the secret jr. woodchuck handshake or something???[:D]
    your weird,,, and you carry a gun.. Im scared[:0][:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Slash,

I have been reading about those no flash cameras. No flash= too much cash right now. My daughter is going to Virginia Tech and that is where all my money is going as well. Here is a pic from my sons graduation this year. June 2007. He killed a slammer buck last winter. 17 points total, but was a 9 point mainframe with stickers. Very impressive deer with heavy mass.

Graduatefamily.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very nice looking family! Wish her good luck from all of us!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Great pic! Now how about a pic of that deer he got? [:D]