In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So far this is what we have.

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
since ben and I are sitting out we have..

5 Mathews, 2 Hoyt, 2 Bowtech, 3 PSE, 1 Martin, 1 HCA, 1 Diamond.

I'm thinkin we should put the Diamond and Bowtechs together. And there may still be more that want in but how would everyone else suggest we put the teams together?

Comments

• HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    We need one more Hyot, and one more oddball (sorry Martin and HCA shooters[:D]) and we will have groups of 3.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

3 Mathews, 2 Hoyt, 2 Bowtech, 3 PSE, 1 Martin, 1 HCA, 1 Diamond.

I'm thinkin we should put the Diamond and Bowtechs together. And there may still be more that want in but how would everyone else suggest we put the teams together?
    No NO you and Ben are in the contest like myself. We will not be acceptin the prize. the prize is not for the winner either its for who has the best story pix and enjoyable hunt.... So add 3 to mathews...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

3 Mathews, 2 Hoyt, 2 Bowtech, 3 PSE, 1 Martin, 1 HCA, 1 Diamond.

No NO you and Ben are in the contest like myself. We will will not be accepting the prize is all. The prize is not for the winner per-say its for who has the best story pix and enjoyable hunt.... So add 3 to mathews...
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Well I left you in goof ball, I knew you wouldn't be gettin the prize yer givin' away. [:D] So, I'll go back and edit that then to be 5 Mats.

Gotcha on the story/hunt thing.
    edited November -1
    Well I left you in goof ball, I knew you wouldn't be gettin the prize yer givin' away. [:D] So, I'll go back and edit that then to be 5 Mats.

Gotcha on the story/hunt thing.
    Ps if there are tow many mathews I will use the h word[:I][:o)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    [:0] trader!

Actually if we give it more time we may get what we need. Zilla shoots hoyt and I think there was 1 or 2 more that did. I email Susp.today just to make sure he is still kickin' but haven't heard back.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Team Hoyt may be just slash and I. Shoff is in California and for all we know bows may be banned now as well as who knows what type of firearm... [:D] If Shoff is hunting this year, I'm sure he would get in on our team.
    Just an idea you could break the Mathews bows into 2, or 3 teams to keep them all even on numbers.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't really replied in any of these threads because I don't know if I am going to get the chance to go hunting this year. I sure hope I can, but that is really to far in advance for me and I don't want to get on a team and let them down.
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I haven't really replied in any of these threads because I don't know if I am going to get the chance to go hunting this year. I sure hope I can, but that is really to far in advance for me and I don't want to get on a team and let them down.

You are always welcome to hunt down (out) here on my lease! Of course it is a long haul from CA to GA. However, I am pretty close to the Atlanta airport.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget I'm a newbie. But I work at Sportsman's Warehouse and work a 3 on 3 off at my other job. I will have plenty of resources and time to hunt....hopefully. Plus I can take 8 deer in my county and 4 in another county that I hunt.

[:)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52

You are always welcome to hunt down (out) here on my lease! Of course it is a long haul from CA to GA. However, I am pretty close to the Atlanta airport.

Its not really that I don't have a place, I could always go to my parents and stay. I have about 10 places I can hunt in Ohio, but its finding the time and $$$ for flights. Sky Bus has some cheap flights out of Burbank airport to Columbus, so that may be an option.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52

Its not really that I don't have a place, I could always go to my parents and stay. I have about 10 places I can hunt in Ohio, but its finding the time and $$$ for flights. Sky Bus has some cheap flights out of Burbank airport to Columbus, so that may be an option.
    Shoff what no hunting in california .... is it being banned .. you guys have deer there yes??? again post pix hunt whatever is leagal you can still win the prize I'm offering its all about the goodtime and the hunt. let me know.. You can hunt as an individual for the prize.... never give in Never[;)]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    I have been off for a few days. I am in. Bowtech all the way. Bang, you and Ben are in as far as I'm concerned. Put me in also. I am more of a wildlife watcher until gun season, but I put alot of time in a tree and just haven't had a good shot. I don't shoot unless it is the perfect shot. I am a little bit * about it. I just don't want to lose one. With the way the teams are this year, by maker, I will particapate. As it was last year, I didn't want to let any one down because I didn't shoot.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, I'm seeing a couple of folks on here that I think are kinda missing the point of our contest. It's even one of the rules!!!!! YA GOTTA HAVE FUN!!!! I would rather be teamed up with someone and not take any animals and HAVE fun razzing everyone else, than to have someone not join in the fun because they are afraid they may let a teammate down. This whole thing is about having fun and getting into the woods with a bow and arrow... TO HAVE FUN!!!! Yeah, we give each other a hard time, but I lost last year (after having shot my biggest buck ever) and had fun doing it.

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Can we maybe keep track of our days in the field and get like half a point each day out????? That way, every team could earn "some" points even if they don't kill anything... Just a thought... Opinions?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Ya know, I'm seeing a couple of folks on here that I think are kinda missing the point of our contest. It's even one of the rules!!!!! YA GOTTA HAVE FUN!!!! I would rather be teamed up with someone and not take any animals and HAVE fun razzing everyone else, than to have someone not join in the fun because they are afraid they may let a teammate down. This whole thing is about having fun and getting into the woods with a bow and arrow... TO HAVE FUN!!!! Yeah, we give each other a hard time, but I lost last year (after having shot my biggest buck ever) and had fun doing it.

I am amazed I actually think Slash hit it right on the head..... Gotta agree with him on this one.[;)]

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Can we maybe keep track of our days in the field and get like half a point each day out????? That way, every team could earn "some" points even if they don't kill anything... Just a thought... Opinions?
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    What? How come you two are sitting out of the contest? We need all the entries we can. just my .02
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    What? How come you two are sitting out of the contest? We need all the entries we can. just my .02
    Susp no one is sitting out. Im donating a prize at the end Ben and bang are going to judge for giving the prize but they are still in the contest... they like myself are just in for bragging rights.[;)]