In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thanks

Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
thanks for the info on fixing my sight I shot very well in my league and it carried home to shooting 3-D. I cant aim at the same spot or I wo;; robin hood them

Comments

• Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,

I wanted to thank bang250 and buckeyboy for their help steering me toward my purchase of a Mathews Drenalin. I read Bucky's post comparing the Dren to the XFORCE and was able to use it as a good reference tool in my decision making process. I went and shot the Dren and had no more questions at that point. I wanted to thank you both for steering me straight. I bought, what I believe to be, is the nicest bow out there....or at least the nicest bow that I've ever owned.

Thanks guys.

Dren Boy
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your recent purchase.[:p]
    Hope you have fun with it and if you ever get over your head injury I know a great shop that sells BowTech!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey Danny boy you made it. Boy your moving up in the world, a brand new dren and a post on the forum AHHHHH life is good, Congrads on the new bow and now you have to join our hunting contest...Welcome[;)]
    edited November -1
    I see there's a lot of good people out there....looking forward to picking your brains for information.

Yea Paul...I'm moving up in the world thanks to your help. What's this hunting contest? Is there where I kick everyone's butt by harvesting the next Illinois White Tail record? If so, I'm looking forward to it to.
    edited November -1
    look in the threads yoy will see contest. read my latest bow report...[;)] Your hooked now buddyboy Oh I mean Drenboy now thats a gay name[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Tough crowd...I'll check the hunting contest thread out. Thanks again.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Welcome to the forums DrenBoy..Congrats on the wise choice.
    Gota love them MATHEWS,[:D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I wanted to thank bang250 and buckeyboy for their help steering me toward my purchase of a Mathews Drenalin

Oh boy! Another person that has to follow the rest of the goofballs that bought a... ma... ma... crap! I can't even bring myself to type it now! Welcome to the nut house... Too bad you shoot "that" thing![:D][:o)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Glad to see ya made it. You'll catch a lot of razzin for a bit but they'll get past it. Congrats again on your purchase, see you Sat.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess there is another lost sheep who may fid his way someday.

Hey DrenBoy did you at least try the Vectrix, Guardian, or some of the others? It is amazing seeing how many people just but one particular bow because they heard it was the best.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

Hey DrenBoy did you at least try the Vectrix, Guardian, or some of the others? It is amazing seeing how many people just but one particular bow because they heard it was the best.
    it is the best.... the dren is the best bow on the market today, keep this crap up and I will tourture the Trykon on video destroy it peice by peiece and post that,,,[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

it is the best.... the dren is the best bow on the market today, keep this crap up and I will tourture the Trykon on video destroy it peice by peiece and post that,,,[:D][:D][:D]

Do it! Do it! Do it!!!!!!! You don't have the ba[[s! [:p]
    edited November -1

I didn't mean to trash talk to Dren. I just hate it when people act like lemmings and follow each other off a cliff... or just buy the bow that works good for their buddy. [xx(]
    When my wife wanted a bow I didn't push her into one or another brand. I let her shoot everything without knowing prices and she ended up with a Mission X3. [^]
    Mathews got a lot of customers through their ads. Their ads are paid for my their customers... Ever wounder why they are the most expensive bow every year. Lots of ads to pay for. [}:)]
    Ok... I will go back to playing nice now.
    DrenBoy congrats on the bow. I hope you soot it well and it serves you well.
    edited November -1

I didn't mean to trash talk to Dren. I just hate it when people act like lemmings and follow each other off a cliff... or just buy the bow that works good for their buddy. [xx(]
    When my wife wanted a bow I didn't push her into one or another brand. I let her shoot everything without knowing prices and she ended up with a Mission X3. [^]
    Mathews got a lot of customers through their ads. Their ads are paid for my their customers... Ever wounder why they are the most expensive bow every year. Lots of ads to pay for. [}:)]
    Ok... I will go back to playing nice now. Dsco I was just cracking man about the crap I thought it was funny in no way was I serious... I dont care if someone shoots with a stck and string as long as they have a smile on there face...[;)][:D]
    DrenBoy congrats on the bow. I hope you soot it well and it serves you well.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

Ever wounder why they are the most expensive bow every year. Lots of ads to pay for. [}:)]

I bought my XT last year brand new for cheaper than I could have gotten a bowtech tribute or alliegence. I dont remember what the hoyt was running but if memory serves me correctly the bowtechs were $720 and the Hoyt was right close. I got the XT for $680. Mathews is not the most expensive but does hold its value better than any other bow. And if I remember correctly Dren boy got his Dren for less than I got the XT, brand spakin new.
    No disrepect DCSO but that statement is not true.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Ever wounder why they are the most expensive bow every year. Lots of ads to pay for. [}:)]

I bought my XT last year brand new for cheaper than I could have gotten a bowtech tribute or alliegence. I dont remember what the hoyt was running but if memory serves me correctly the bowtechs were $720 and the Hoyt was right close. I got the XT for $680. Mathews is not the most expensive but does hold its value better than any other bow. And if I remember correctly Dren boy got his Dren for less than I got the XT, brand spakin new.
    No disrepect DCSO but that statement is not true.[;)]

Ha ha hoyt boy bang just bi$#$# slapped you *[:D][:D][:D][8D]
    edited November -1
    Bow prices must be a regional thing because here in SE Minnesota the Mathews are always about $100 more than anything else. Right now Drens are at 830, Vectrix 729, and Guardian 739.
    Last year the XT was going off at 760 and the Trykon was 660. There was so many alleys left here they are sill on the shelf down to "make offer" now.

I think we scared off drenboy.
    edited November -1
    I can see that we're all going to get along just fine. Y'all are as sick as I am...glad to hear it. Thanks for all of the input and I look forward to talking junk with all of you. I've never been on any forum before but you guys are making this a lot of fun. I won't be the most active member but it doesn't mean that I won't enjoy reading your posts.

Stay out of trouble....especially you Hoyt guys...I worry about you most (kidding...sort of).

bang250...I'll see you Saturday (cooler is packed)
    edited November -1
    Bow prices must be a regional thing because here in SE Minnesota the Mathews are always about $100 more than anything else. Right now Drens are at 830, Vectrix 729, and Guardian 739.
    Last year the XT was going off at 760 and the Trykon was 660. There was so many alleys left here they are sill on the shelf down to "make offer" now.

I think we scared off drenboy.

Yep. Here the Drens are $800, the XTs are still selling for $725. The Vectrix is going for $700 and the Tribute is $620.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    again, welcome to the forum, dren.

you fit in fine.

stick around.

Ben
    edited November -1
    yep stick around Dan you will enjoy>>>[:)]