In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Bow review

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I traded the pse x force for a Hoyt[?] thats righ I Know I'm gonna hear it[B)]

Well the hoyt trykon is honestly as quiet as the drenalin at least by the human ear, and i have big ones[:0]

Very smooth draw,, nice breakover and very nice let off.
The hand grip is awsome I love it very hard to torque this bow,
Its pretty darn quick too,
Just enough hand shock to know it was not shock free very very slight. I might add I had no stabilizer on the bow,,,,

so with that said I can see why the hoyt boys like their bows.
I honestly did not think it wouls be so quiet smooth and shock free,,
at 20 yards it was stacking arrows.
I hate to admit the hoyt trykon is a keeper. Allright bang dont get excited the drenalin aint going anywhere soon... But neither is the Hoyt I have two bows I really like who would have ever thought Mathews and hoyt in the same hand.... Slash do me a favor Shut up I can feel your creepy thoughts already[:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    traded the PSE for a Hoyt....uh didn't you have a brand new Mathews not long ago??? dang I've been gone a while haven't I. [:D]

What ever happened to coming to Ohio?
  • Options
    Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ain't goin back now buckey. It's a Drenalin or bust.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    traded the PSE for a Hoyt....uh didn't you have a brand new Mathews not long ago??? dang I've been gone a while haven't I. [:D]

What ever happened to coming to Ohio?
    what rock did you crawl out from under[:D][:D]
    Fell through with the woman at work. Her two brothers started pissing and moaning about hunting on there farm so am going to kentuckey.

here is the bow scoop. had a switchback xt awsome bow my buddy bought the drenalin and I decided I liked that better. so I sold the xt and bought the dren, Then all the hype about the pse x force came out quiet, as the dren, 350 fps no hand shock, so I bought one to try well not even close to the mathews a whole different bow mathews blows the pse away. so I traded the pse for a hoyt trykon. I dont like it as much as the drenalin but Im not going to lie its a nice bow.... I still dont think anyone has caught up to the mathews some good contenders but almost only counts in hand granades.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dren Boy
    I ain't goin back now buckey. It's a Drenalin or bust.
    wouldent want to see ya go back the hoyts real nice and I was suprised that it shot so well but if I had to pick I would still keep the drenalin. you made an excellent choice in my opinion the dren is the best bow on the market... Your already hooked on posting arent you[?]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey...I take it ol' girl hasn't caught on to your new habit. I'm expecting to see you typing replies "an octave or two" higher than usual when she does.
    BTW...taking any requests on which bow to buy, or trade for, next?
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the cool side. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    Hey Buckey...I take it ol' girl hasn't caught on to your new habit. I'm expecting to see you typing replies "an octave or two" higher than usual when she does.
    What do you have now????
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    NIce review, thanks......

......dorkboy! I hope you don't hang them close to each other [:D]
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bucky thanks for the good review.

Is it fair to compare the 06 model Hoyt to the 07 Mathews? You should shoot the Vectrix against the Dren and Trykon. Most of us Vectrix owners really hated the Trykon. The Vectrix loads up faster on the draw cycle, but is much more gradual on the valley in comparison to the Trykon. Also with the stealth shot added to the Vectrix it has no string overtravel and that is a huge advantage on stopping vibration and shock. But I didn't have to tell you that.[:D]
    All in all I like the Drenalin, but it is not the bow for me. I will stick to my Vectrix. If I could afford another bow it would not be a Dren... Maybe a ProElite or UltraElite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    What do you have now????

If you mean what kind of bow...HCA. Why...you gonna try out one their new models for me??
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    mathews AND hoyt?

doesn't that make you Bi or something?

Ben
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

I think he should try a Guardian. We need a good review on the Guardian don't ya think.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

I think he should try a Guardian. We need a good review on the Guardian don't ya think.
    Between the 3 digital game cams I bought and the two bow's I dont think you willsee another review soon, You may however see my obitutary[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Between the 3 digital game cams I bought and the two bow's I dont think you willsee another review soon, You may however see my obitutary[:D][:D]

My, you are living a little vicariously...I'll say a little prayer for you...
  • Options
    edited November -1

My, you are living a little vicariously...I'll say a little prayer for you...
    Thanks I may need,,, Na worked real hard still do every day up at six bed at whenever i joke a lot but my wife is real cool let's me do my thing she knows I love it.... Hoever I try to treat her well for her understanding .. although. I feel a little greedy at times... She sometimes tells me der are not the most important thing in life ... But I put A darn good argument[;)][:0]