In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need another Hoyt shooter?

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
I'll join in the contest. I haven't been around in a while but figured I would drop in and say hi.

Now for the question.
I need to have new strings and cables put on my Hoyt Intruder. Is there a certain brand I should go with (or stay away from)? I figured that i would let Sportsman's Warehouse fix it up. The local SW has a great bow guy! What else should I have done to a bow that is about 5 years old now? I just want to get it ready for huntin season and it is a proven killer![:D]

Thanks for your input

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've read a lot of good about Winners choice.

Your in.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winners Choice are good strings, just a little expensive. I have mine done locally by a friend of a friend. Less than half the cost, and every bit as good, plus I am able to pick the string material, color and serving that I like. Another good comercial string is Vapor Trail. If I didn't have a local guy I would go to archerytalk.com and get hooked up with bucknasty. He makes some great strings as well.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    I'll join in the contest. I haven't been around in a while but figured I would drop in and say hi.

Now for the question.
    I need to have new strings and cables put on my Hoyt Intruder. Is there a certain brand I should go with (or stay away from)? I figured that i would let Sportsman's Warehouse fix it up. The local SW has a great bow guy! What else should I have done to a bow that is about 5 years old now? I just want to get it ready for huntin season and it is a proven killer![:D]

Thanks for your input

For your string/cable go here...
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=443246
    Anthony is Great to deal with.
  • tjandytjandy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can take up a spot.