In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is it just me???

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
Or do we have a lot more bowhunters here this year??

I haven't been around much cause my son was here for the last 2 months. Had him shooting his 40lb PSE phaserII bow(yes I know it's ancient)for the first time this summer. He's finnaly strong enough to draw it 15-30 times and still be fairly accurate. Worked on form with him, and he did quite well. Now he's gone till christmas. So now I'll have more time for...

Comments

• Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems like we have more joining in but also missing a few of our old ones
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

I haven't been around much cause my son was here for the last 2 months. Had him shooting his 40lb PSE phaserII bow(yes I know it's ancient)for the first time this summer. He's finnaly strong enough to draw it 15-30 times and still be fairly accurate. Worked on form with him, and he did quite well. Now he's gone till christmas. So now I'll have more time for...

Yeah it's old but I am doing the same with my son. I've got a Hoyt Gamegetter II. I was gonna get him a new bow but, I didn't know if he would like shooting and I wasn't going to spend $400 to find out. It turns out that he can draw @40-45lbs. It is hard to find a bow in that range for a 28.5" draw. He is big, 5' 11 1/2", but he is only 12. He has the size but not the arm strength yet. If'n he likes shooting it then I will look into something better. In the back of my mind though, the Gamegetter was a he77 of a bow when it was all I had.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Yeah it's old but I am doing the same with my son. I've got a Hoyt Gamegetter II. I was gonna get him a new bow but, I didn't know if he would like shooting and I wasn't going to spend $400 to find out. It turns out that he can draw @40-45lbs. It is hard to find a bow in that range for a 28.5" draw. He is big, 5' 11 1/2", but he is only 12. He has the size but not the arm strength yet. If'n he likes shooting it then I will look into something better. In the back of my mind though, the Gamegetter was a he77 of a bow when it was all I had.

Yes chief. This PSE isn't really fit for my son but for $250 I could have bought a smaller bow that he could have practiced with last year. Then in 2 years or so it would be worthless the way kids grow. So for now he gets the antique and I told him when he's strong enough to draw my bow 10 times(65lbs)it's his. I figure 1-2 years and I'll be in the market for a new bow.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cheif i shoot a 28 inch draw pulling 45 to 50 i got a martin jag. i paid 300 for it. it is a quick and quite little bow would be good for him to learn on and will go up to 60lbs so he would have room to grow some. i am hoping to be able to upgrade here soon if so i will let you know if i am selling my bow
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    We do have a few newer people this year. I'm glad to see the forum getting busy.