In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FOB thoughts?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
What's your take on the FOBs?

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think FOB stands for Flippin Ugly Bas turd or something like that. I have heard they work really well, but I will not put something that ugly on my arrow.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang you need to buy some and pass them out to Us to try.Then I'll give my thoughts 12 for $20.00...oh I'd need the 1" one color isn't that important.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Bang you need to buy some and pass them out to Us to try.Then I'll give my thoughts 12 for $20.00...oh I'd need the 1" one color isn't that important.[:D]

Maybe I will.
  • Options
    NUguyinCrewNUguyinCrew Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can get some to try out for free. My buddy bought some and cant stand them (although they are accurate). They screw with your anchoring, especially if you use a kisser from what I get from him. Bang, if you want to try them I know he'd give them up in a heartbeat.

Side note: Has anyone heard of staggering blazers 1/2" lower per vane for shooting in nasty crosswinds? Like if you mount the first one normal, stagger the second in its normal place, .5" down and the third one also in its normal place, .5" down from the second one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The FOB video I watch talked about cross winds and why FOB are better than vanes in that respect. They show a slow mow of vanes and FOB flying. Not sure I can find the video now, I had run across it on another forum.
    I think I would like to try them if he doesn't mind. Thanks!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    The FOB video I watch talked about cross winds and why FOB are better than vanes in that respect. They show a slow mow of vanes and FOB flying. Not sure I can find the video now, I had run across it on another forum.
    I think I would like to try them if he doesn't mind. Thanks!
    a sucker is born every minute.[:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll stick with my blazers.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can watch the video here:
    www.starrflight.com