In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vectrix killed another string...

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but I managed to wear out another string on my Vectrix. I got the bow in December and had the factory strings stretching and twisting my February. Then I had a local guy build a set of customs that lasted until now.
Yesterday I ordered some new strings from www.B2bowstrings.com for my new ones. We shall see how his hold up. He did say if the serving does not hold up, he will take care of them. The serving on the last strings seemed to be the weak point. It went down hill so fast I missed it and now the buss cable is shot... completley, the string is starting to rotate and the control cable has stretched a little putting the cams out of time...[xx(] Nothing worse than a Hoyt with out of time cams.
Anyway I will let you all know how the B2 strings hold up. May be a good replacement should you need one.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I would like to hear what you think of them, I will be due for some new ones before long.
  • Options
    bbaumerbbaumer Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think serving wear on the bus cable at the lower cam is a common problem on the Vector Cams. I sent mine back to Hoyt. They put a new string, cables and cams on no charge. Here are some kinda poor pics of what mine was doing before the cable replacement. There are also a couple of threads on this issue over at www.archerytalk.com in the General Archery Discussion area. Consensus is the serving on the Fuse strings. I've had good luck with the factory strings otherwise. Waxing the heck out of the bus cable serving on the new set to see if that helps.

vector1.JPG

vector2.JPG
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love hoyt bows, but I will be the first to admit that their strings, including the fuse strings are horrible.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had no serving wear on my Fuse strings on the Vectrix. The string and cables just started stretching bad. The serving wear I had was on the first set of customs that I shot. The new B2 strings should be home when I get there... I am at my in-laws for the weekend. I will post up some pics when the new cables are on.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    now my cable keeps rotating on my vectrix what could be wrong with it the peep sight does not allign all the timeI have only shot it about 3000 times tops
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Head
    Your string and cables are toast man![xx(] You will need to have them replaced. i would bet that your cams are out of time too... That is about what I got from my Fuse strings before I took them off... but you read that above I'm sure.

I will let you know how the strings look from B2 when they get put on. I have yet to see them, but they should be here soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya i think they are toast too im getting a twang that I have never heard before
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. The B2's are on. Verdict... I'm sold. I will be getting all my strings from Nathan from now on. I went with a heavier 22/24 strand combo on these and expected to see a drop in speed. Instead, I gained 5 FPS. Still at 64lbs, 29"dl, 400gr arrow now shooting 285fps. This thing is really smoking for a bow that is supposed to do 316 IBO. I'm sure I could blow it away if I wend down to a 340gr arrow keeping 5gr/lb.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    285 thats pretty quick you could go over 300 with lighter arrows with ease My set up is pretty much the same im getting 278 i think with the old strings at 65 I may crank it up to 70 to see what i get