In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Here are the pictures of the turkey fletch

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a box in the mail today from Raven Arrows. They are the ones who ground and cut my turkey feathers into fletch. I have one done and working on the rest. Here they are on the shaft... BTW I intentionally took the label off. Don't know why.
2b1302ec.jpg
1ebc7d92.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    That is sweet. The very thought of killing a deer with an arrow that was fletched with the feathers of the turkey that you shot is quite cool.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Chief... I thought it was a neat idea too.

I am having problems getting the glue to stick. I am using Goat Tuff, which I have always had good luck with, but the bottle may be a little old. I will try new glue next week.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. For all of thoes who fletch their own arrows I have a little tip for you. I used Goat Tuff glue for 2 years... I have switched! Pine Ridge puts out a much cheaper glue that works great. Not much smell to it either. I got the rest of my turkey feathers on the arrows real quickly and did a bunch of other arrows as well. I even have 3 to sacrifice to the steel at the R-100.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that looks really, really nice.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Ok. For all of thoes who fletch their own arrows I have a little tip for you. I used Goat Tuff glue for 2 years... I have switched! Pine Ridge puts out a much cheaper glue that works great. Not much smell to it either. I got the rest of my turkey feathers on the arrows real quickly and did a bunch of other arrows as well. I even have 3 to sacrifice to the steel at the R-100.

What is the point of fletching your own if the glue don't smell?[;)]