In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Slick Trick Broadheads

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
It's time to make my decision on which broadhead I will start out with. Everything I've read about them has been promising. I'm still torn between them and the Wac'ems or Montec's but I'll give the ST's a chance first.

Good choice?
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great choice. There are so many great heads out there and the ST is one of the best. If I didn't have so many Muzzy 3 blade to use, not to mention the 2 blade Rage, I would be shooting them. If my wife hunts this fall maybe I can get a dent in my supply and I can try out the ST.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have no personal experience with them but I have read a lot of good stuff about them.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A buddy uses them and they so okay. I'm just spoiled on the MONSTER cutting diameter of the Vortex. As long as I can get them, I don't see me using anything else. But I say use whatever one you feel comfortable with and are accurate with![;)]

But for the record, if I had to use a fixed blade for some reason, I'd consider them or the (I can't find them in my catalogs so I hope this name is right) the Spitfire. It's the one with the dimples on the furrel like a golf ball. That just looks good to me.[:D]
  • Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Nap thunderheads have had a 100% kill ratio for me
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steel Force for a fixed head..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Steel Force for a fixed head..

I've looked at those.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All these broadheads just makes your head spin doesn't it cubs? [:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    I use the Rocket Ultimate Steel. Bone crushing steel point and, .036 thick bacon skinning blades. They go right thru anything. The way I look at the big expandables, it is easier to push an steak knife thru a piece of meat than it is a cleaver.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    All these broadheads just makes your head spin doesn't it cubs? [:D]

Yeah, sure does. I hate this part.

Actually I love it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a picture I found on another forum talking about hitting concrete with an Slick Trick.
    SlickTrickConcrete.jpg
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I Bought some slick tricks when I was in Maine i wont be shooting them at concrete. BUT I will try to post pix at 20 and 30 yards... Also bought the new block 4 sided tarcet and some quick climb stirrips for my summit[:)]
  • Options
    r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my steel force sabertooth's in the mail yesterday and they look awesome. I'm going to shoot them this weekend to see how they fly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey
    Don't be surprised if you don't like the rapid climb stirrups on your stand. The older ones with straight bars (newer models have curved bars that they bolt on to) don't work very well... Some of my friends tried them on the older ones and they didn't work. I really like them on my Goliath.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Buckey
    Don't be surprised if you don't like the rapid climb stirrups on your stand. The older ones with straight bars (newer models have curved bars that they bolt on to) don't work very well... Some of my friends tried them on the older ones and they didn't work. I really like them on my Goliath.
    I have two summit climbers I have the rapid climb on one and loved them found climbing and decending much easier so I know I will like them.. If I diddent use them I would have been sceptical. I do know You need to get them positioned just right ..