In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So much for the claims of no bears in Ohio

ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
Went out this afternoon to check out my stand from last season. Found that the deer had worn out a bunch of trails and found los of fresh deer tracks in the streambed, also found a nice large pile of bear dung 50 yards from the stand with some fresh bear prints in the mud. There was a larger set and right next to that a smaller set. For years the Division in this area has claimed there are no bears in the area, even thogh there have been sightings. I wish I had my camera with me I would have sent them some pics.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since when hasn't there been bears in Ohio? I know that DNR claims there are not that many, but I don't think I have ever read that there are non. I mean there in PA, there in Kentucky, there is no reason why they wouldn't be in Ohio.
  • Options
    ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ones that are spotted in NE Ohio are said to be rogues that migrate in from PA, but where I am talking about is 120 miles west of the the PA line. There are a handful of spottings in ashtabula, mahoning trumbull county ect, but I could find no reports of any spottings or signs in Portage county, and I know several Div officers in that area who all say there are no bears that far west in Ohio.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Had more than the normal number of sightings this year in Tuscarawas county, but we've had sightings of bears since I can remember.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live up in Ashtabula Co. I have not seen one personaly but my son has at a friends house, and my ex-wife had one in her back yard.Hear about them alot the last few years.... They are around and getting more common....[8D]