In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need some help

MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
Interested in starting in the archery field. However I want a recurve to start with. I want to beable to hunt medium game such as deer and be able to shoot carp. I was interested in which brand i could get started with that is decent.

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of good brands of recurves on the market. I would check your local shops first. Recurves (and long bows for that matter) have started becoming more popular but you local shop my have one or two hanging around that they would sell right. That may save you some money since your starting out. They could also help get you the right arrows and accessories to start off with. Getting the correct arrows is a little more critical with a recurve. Like most compound bows, it will more come down to personal preference and what feels good to you. Good luck and post often![;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    In my opinion, if you're buying a recurve, buy a custom because they are the only bows that will appreciate in value.

Roo