In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

few pics

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Went down south this past weekend to hang stands. Those of you that get the field and stream mag. probably saw the "buddy" system they had in there. So we set one up so ENOS can take his oldest down and I can take my nephew. Could even be good for videoing

DSC00225.jpg

We've got trails cut to minimize the drag. Just get it to a path and go get a 4wheeler or truck

DSC00223.jpg

Little fawn we came across when taking the trail cam out to set it up.

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

Deer camp

DSC00227.jpg

Beer consumption area

DSC00217.jpg

The "tree house". She's 'bout due for a rebuild

DSC00221.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The beer consumption area looked empty so if you ever need someone to stand around and drink beer just let me know. I'm here for ya man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D] It was a bit empty. We didn't get down til late Friday and set stands up on Sat. so the consumption was just getting started when I took the pics. [:D] But I consumed well, a handle of rum and a couple beers.
  • Options
    Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As if I wasn't stoked enough you have to go and show me pictures of my home away from home. I've said it a million times....you're a lucky man.

See you south?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That also reminds me. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL TATER TO REINFORCE HIS TREE HOUSE THIS YEAR! I built that thing over 5 years ago and wasn't happy with the bracing then. PLEASE make sure that he puts new boards under his stand this year. That thing is just over 25' in the air...I don't think he'd survive the fall.

Dan
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dren Boy
    That also reminds me. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL TATER TO REINFORCE HIS TREE HOUSE THIS YEAR! I built that thing over 5 years ago and wasn't happy with the bracing then. PLEASE make sure that he puts new boards under his stand this year. That thing is just over 25' in the air...I don't think he'd survive the fall.

Dan
    Tater is a trip he's a funny dude man[:D][:D]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    long live the tater.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tater rules[:D][:D] Weird M.F. at times but he's one helluva guy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dren Boy

Dan

He wanted to rebuild it this past weekend but it was just to hot. He's got all new wood for it.

Long live the Tater! rockon3.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tater's one in a million with a heart that's pure as gold. He'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Can't say enough good things about the man.

Anyway, glad to hear that he's got wood (I'm sure his wife will appreciate that)...and I feel better knowing that he won't be doing any sky diving during bow season.

Beer time!
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck, looks good to me. Too bad I don't drink beer... Only the "hard" stuff for me![}:)] Any of that go in the "beer consumption area", I'd be in!

How about starting a pictuer thread of nothing but deer camps/cabins? I'll have to dig on up for mine but could be a fun thread![;)]
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty cool [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Heck, looks good to me. Too bad I don't drink beer... Only the "hard" stuff for me![}:)] Any of that go in the "beer consumption area", I'd be in!

How about starting a pictuer thread of nothing but deer camps/cabins? I'll have to dig on up for mine but could be a fun thread![;)]

I like it, get'er started.
  • Options
    rja72rja72 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that Southern Illinois? I hunt Shawnee Nat Forest in pope or massac county.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rja72
    Is that Southern Illinois? I hunt Shawnee Nat Forest in pope or massac county.

nope. Bang's land is north of shawnee; however, some of us do hunt pope. Harrisburg area.

Ben
  • Options
    rja72rja72 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had 3 guys from Tennessee hunt the same area during shot gun season. One of the guys had bow hunted it several times and decided to bring his buddies. They were pretty good guys to camp with. they hunted pretty much the same way we do. pick your spot and stay in it.

We usually have people come in and hunt by walking the firelanes. they do set blinds or tree stands. they generally kill about as many deer as anyone else. Just makes you angry when one of them walks in on you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dads' got a place in Pope, I plan on getting down there this season sometime.