In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone try C'mere Deer with any good results?

ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
I must admit I am tempted to try this product, but the rational side of me says its just another snake oil deer attractant product that will most likely do nothing. Has anyone here had any good results with the product?

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not legal here in Minnestoa is what the CO told me... so no results here.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know but I bought some on clearance after season last January and will put it out later this fall. Will let you know.

Bode
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    illegal to hunt with here but have put it out early season and it seems to draw in some deer don't know how well it works because never really sat and watched it
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    can't help ya, can't use it here in our state. I'd like to hear your results though out of curiosity if you use it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of trying it, but it is just so darn expensive. There are countless other similar products on the shelves that are supposed to do the same thing but are only about 1/5 the cost.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if its legal to feed where you hunt take some sweet feed molassa (sp) and corn mix it together and watch what happens to a stump when you pour it on it or a jar of peanut butter
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not a bad idea ladyhunter, maybe when it stops raining here I will run to the feed store and pick up a bag of sweet feed, and a bag of corn and go dump it out around the trail camera and see what happens. Then I might buy a gallon of the C'mere Deer and put it in a different location and set up a cam there and see what happens at the two sights. That way I will know for sure whether which method works the best.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    can't help ya, can't use it here in our state. I'd like to hear your results though out of curiosity if you use it.

Sureeeeeee whatever you say?[:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Sureeeeeee whatever you say?[:D]
    I think he shod be banned for that comment[}:)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    if its legal to feed where you hunt take some sweet feed molassa (sp) and corn mix it together and watch what happens to a stump when you pour it on it or a jar of peanut butter

I used the sweet feed and corn mixture when I lived in SC. They love it. It worked better than any of the "attractants". We could get corn for $25/55 gallon drum and sweet feed for $4 a bag at Tractor Supply.
    I would go that route over any other.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might get a little more info from your local CO's. Here in Indana, it's only illegal if you HUNT over it. It's not illegal to put it out.

When Cmere Deer first came out on the market, a buddy of mine bought some and we mixed it and sprayed (as directions) it on some areas right next to a good well used run. Then we set up a scouting camera looking at the area. We got seveal pics of deer and not one was paying ANY attention to the Cmere Deer. My opinion, it's crap!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    You might get a little more info from your local CO's. Here in Indana, it's only illegal if you HUNT over it. It's not illegal to put it out.

When Cmere Deer first came out on the market, a buddy of mine bought some and we mixed it and sprayed (as directions) it on some areas right next to a good well used run. Then we set up a scouting camera looking at the area. We got seveal pics of deer and not one was paying ANY attention to the Cmere Deer. My opinion, it's crap!

Since 2002 when they discovered CWD in Illinois they banned the feeding of deer. From the DNR website.

quote:Ban on feeding wild deer in place since 2002 to help prevent spread of CWD

SPRINGFIELD- The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) is reminding Illinois residents and visitors of the state's ban on the feeding of wild deer and other wildlife in areas where wild deer are present. The ban was enacted in 2002 as part of the state's continuing effort to limit the spread of chronic wasting disease (CWD) in the Illinois wild deer herd.

The ban includes food, salt, mineral blocks and other food products, with some exceptions. For example, bird and squirrel feeders close to homes and incidental feeding of wildlife within active livestock operations are exempt from the ban. For a complete list of the exemptions see the administrative rule 17 Illinois Administrative Code Part 635 on the IDNR web site at http://dnr.state.il.us/legal/adopted/635.pdf
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sprayed it on the up-right PVC gravity feeder. They{*?/deer?}actually lick'd it so much the cammo paint was wearing off the pipe. Never bought it again, it's just too expensive and I dont think it attracts them any more than anything else we've tried, but they did like it!. We just use corn and salt now and buck-jam{apple} once in a while.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    the best thing you can do if you want to kill consistantly is play the wind and its free.... the wind is your enemy but if you respect it its your best friend,,[;)]