In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

R-100 at Sparta WI

Maurice O. AmundsonMaurice O. Amundson Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
did anyone out there attend the r-100 at sparta and would appreciate constructive comments on what could be improved[?]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I didn't but know of some from another site that did. Want me to get you there thoughts opinions?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes I would appreciate thatquote:Originally posted by bang250
    I didn't but know of some from another site that did. Want me to get you there thoughts opinions?
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was there with my family and a few friends. The shoot sucked for me, but that was my own problem... Saturday I forgot my quiver in my truck and we took my friend's. I borrowed a bunch of stuff and ended up 518 on the Safari side. Then Sunday I was dealing with stuff in the family and still managed a 506 on the NA side. My head was not in the game this year. Oh and managed a 63 on the steel this year too. Good for 5th I think.

I will not be back next year, or if I do just my wife and I. The rest of the family and friends made it too much to keep organized. I didn't like how the door prizes were done on Saturday... We were on the course and my wife was drawn, but no prize because we were out on the course. That sucked!

As far as things to change... Just a little more distance. I know this is a fun shoot, but everything was at 25 yards it seemed. It was good to see the porta-johns on the course. My 6yo daughter used them... thanks! Good to have the water on the course too. As hot as it was it was a real life saver. The trails were in great shape. Easy to walk, and seemed to be very safe. There were several cores that needed to be changed, but I know they were being worked on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for your comments and please do come back with your wife and kid(s) and let the rest organize for themselves. we are working on rinehart to not require shooters to be present on Sat as we were trying very hard to convince the people who were the hired guns to let us hold those prizes until everyone was off the course.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1 response I've gotten. Sorry they didn't really give any feedback

quote:The R-100 is a fun shoot...I'd highly recommend it if you can make it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    couple more.

quote:This was our first time. Would like to see some longer targets, but I understand the space limitations. Would be nice if they would do door prizes you wouldn't have to be present to win. We shot all 100 in one day with a 30 minute break in between. Certainly didn't have time to sit through all the door prizes though.
    Everything was well-run and the guys at Sparta Rod and Gun were very accomodating as usual! Not only were they welcoming shooters at the clubhouse, but they were out on the ranges as well maintaining the course and asking how things were going. We had a great time!

quote:The shoot was great, even better run then last year. Sparta Rod & Gun members were very visable on the course and very accomadating. The only thing I would change is the length on the time allowed to shoot. I would add 1 or two hours so that you could shoot both rounds in one day. Maybe a bit more space between some targets. Very well run!!!