In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Experience with Wasp Boss SST Broadheads?

HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
Anybody out there have first-hand knowledge of these broadheads? I am currently using Muzzy 3 blade 100 grainers. I have three left for this season and am considering changing.
My Muzzys are good, but they hit about 4" to the left at 20 yards and 8" to the left at 40. They group great and my bow is sighted in with them, but I would like to have something that shoots closer to what my field points shoot. This is mainly due to the fact that I am putting a whoopin' on my target because all I practice with is my broadheads. I had a couple of old Wasp Jak-Hammer SSTs laying around and I tried them out this morning. They hit where the field points hit but they "whine" through the air. I can definately hear it, so I know the deer can too.
I would like to stick to fixed blade broadheads, mainly because I am a cheap bastage and you can get 6 of them for the same money as 3 expandables. That being said, I may be persuaded to change. My buddy swears by Spitfires and I have tried them before with so-so results. I was using an older model PSE then, so I didn't have nearly the arrow speed I have now.
I am also considering the Piston Points, thanks to Buckey! I am not sold on the Rage line yet.
I have used the Vortex and I don't need my deer to look like they were hit by a hatchet, so they are out.
Thanks!

Comments

• ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was not sold on the rage broadheads either until the guy at the local sportinggoods store let me try them out on a 3d deer on their archery range. I have never been a fan of mechanicals due to the fact that so many times I have hear horror stories about them failing to open and a deer of a lifetime got away. The rage performed perfectly, and left a rather large hole in the 3d target. They are definetly worth looking at and they will be what I am using this year.