In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Extra deer tags in Urban zones

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
Indiana allows for the taking of up to 3 does and a 4th deer of either sex in Marion County (Indianapolis), parts of Tippicanoe (N of SR 28), Allen (Ft Wayne), Vanderburgh (Evanville), and some areas in the NW near Chicago as well.

The big catch is, most of these places do not allow for discharge of any type of firearm - so it's really an incentive for bow hunters.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I wish I lived in Indy. It'd be nice to be able to hunt without having any worry of scent control.

thanks for the heads-up, henry.

We've got a few in here from indy.

Ben
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. If I fill my limit, I can take 14 total. Two bucks and 12 does. That's a lot of meat.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have the same type program here in Minnesota. Most cities require an advanced bowhunter ed class first. There is even a group you can get on as a sharpshooter and then you dont have to use your tags on the deer you shoot in the metro areas.