In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Refletching arrows

mike992mike992 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
Can anyone please tell me easiest way to remove old fletching and glue? Thanks Mike

Comments

• Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Zip Strip tool made by Norway Industries...and there are others out there. A sharp blade works, too however, be very careful if stripping carbon arrows so as not to cut into the outer layer of carbon.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a utility knife and scrape at 90 degress to the arrow then clean the rest off with paint thinner.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nearly the same as shoff... I use the same knife, but also a very controlled angle to take off the old fletch and glue. Then use steel wool to do a little abrasive work, then acetone to clean the shaft.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Nearly the same as shoff... I use the same knife, but also a very controlled angle to take off the old fletch and glue. Then use steel wool to do a little abrasive work, then acetone to clean the shaft.

I don't like acetone on carbon shafts as I don't know what it will do to them. Paint thinner is a little more gentle, thats my theory at least.