In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

getting the Bow tech today

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I tracked the bowtech its on the way to my house[^][8D]

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how long until the wife finds out and you sell it? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    how long until the wife finds out and you sell it? [:D]
    I hadent thought of that Crap shes off work today.. and the bows being delivered I may never even see it... Actually Im looking for a back up bow but also looking for one i really like.. I did not care for the x force at all The hoyt was OK fron what I have read about the patriot I think this is the one[:o)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    can't wait to hear what you think of it.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Me either.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Again I will keep this bowtwck as a back up bow I gus its not fair to compare to the dren because its a 2005. lets just say its a good bow not even in the same class as the dren..... There is hand shock and it is noisy compared to the dren. I shot one and then the other had my wife kisten and she even said why is that one so much quiter and I explained "Its a mathews honey" it does draw smooth and a quick break over. its fast and accurate... A little heavy. I do like it better than the pse xforce and the hoyt. so I think I will keep it for a while ... Like at least till monday
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dude you know I love my mathews, but I can't lie when I say I shot the '06 tribute and was stupidly surprised. Bowtech makes a real nice bow. I don't have the money to purchase one being that here they are runnin $800, but I am hoping to shoot the Guardian next Wed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, there was a new outdoor store that was opening near Anniston, AL yesterday. It is a shorter drive over there than to the nearest Sportsmans Warehouse (Chattanooga, TN) and about the same as it is to Bass Pro, which is on the other side of Atlanta, so the wife and I hopped in the car and headed over. I was looking for reloading supplies, but when I got there I found out they were a Mathews dealer and that one of the Mathews pro-staff guys was there to answer questions and give tips. Sooo, they had a couple of Drenilins set up for customers to try. What a sweet bow. I would actually rank it above my Tribute. In my opinion, out of the ones that I have actually shot, the three best bows on the market right now are the Dren, Tribute, Switchback XT, in that order. If I had not just dropped a grand on my Tribute set-up, I would have walked out of there with a Mathews.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well thats why I said the bowtech is a 2005 and it would not be fair to compare,,, Ive shot quite a few now and hacvent found one I like as much as the dren, It really is a sweet shooter. but everone feels comfortable with different bows.. I can tell you this I did like the hand grip on the X force better and also the trykon grip was nicer, I will be changing the hand grip on the dren.. OK back to the bowtech for a 2005 bow is shoots well mind you I am going to add an sts, string leaches, limb savers, and a good stableizer. this shold make her a gosh darn good back up bow....[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Well, there was a new outdoor store that was opening near Anniston, AL yesterday. It is a shorter drive over there than to the nearest Sportsmans Warehouse (Chattanooga, TN) and about the same as it is to Bass Pro, which is on the other side of Atlanta, so the wife and I hopped in the car and headed over. I was looking for reloading supplies, but when I got there I found out they were a Mathews dealer and that one of the Mathews pro-staff guys was there to answer questions and give tips. Sooo, they had a couple of Drenilins set up for customers to try. What a sweet bow. I would actually rank it above my Tribute. In my opinion, out of the ones that I have actually shot, the three best bows on the market right now are the Dren, Tribute, Switchback XT, in that order. If I had not just dropped a grand on my Tribute set-up, I would have walked out of there with a Mathews.[:0]
    You and bang can trade bows he liked the tribute[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    You and bang can trade bows he liked the tribute[:D][:D]

I was thinking the same thing. However, I don't think I could handle the crap that I would get from my best hunting buddy. He shoots a Switchback XT. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D]

Buckey there is a fella that makes grips I think they run $45 on that other site you visit. His screen name Tronjo. Only does Mathews I believe.