In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yo Drenboy

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did you ever get a chance to try that grip I suggested?

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Don't quote me but I think he is out of town on business. I know he mentioned it in an earlier post.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He said he was heading out of town, but I thought he would be back by now...
  • Options
    Dren BoyDren Boy Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back from Georgia last night (thank God)[xx(]. It's hot down there! Hung out with a guy named Bubba all week (super guy though).

Between both jobs and traveling I haven't had the chance to open my bow case but I do plan to get busy in the not so distant future. Keep you posted. Thanks again for the help. I REALLY appreciate it.

(My STS did arrive....just in case).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got bored, had a few extra minutes and ended up installing my STS just for the fun of it. Easy to install....minutes later I ended up going into town (near the archery range) so I decided to bring my bow. Shot it with the STS first...what a mistake...shoots so well with the STS that I'm thinking about just leaving it on regardless. I changed nothing in regard to my form and everything worked perfectly. I couldn't be happier with my bow. Need to get a serving put on my string because it's fraying a little where it hits the STS. I assume this is normal?

Lovin' it! REALLY stoked for season now. Sighted in at 20, 40 and 60 yards in just a few minutes thanks to Taco for pre-setting my bow when I bought it.

Bring on the season!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    So The dren was a good choice... yes? I couldent be happier with mine also. Glad to hear you made a decision your happy with[;)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    The fray is normal, thats the reason for the serving.

Left you a voice mail, when you get caught up give me a holla. Next time you talk to Bubba tell him I said Sup! Sometimes I miss that crazy @#$%!@.

FYI... new keg as of Friday. [:D] Need to get it hooked up with You, mark, ENOS, NuguyinCrew, taco, ben and do some shootin and beers. Maybe when I get the Rip dialed in we can techno hunt.

peace brotha man!
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Dren, where in GA were you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang: I don't see any voicemail on my phone? I'll give you a shout momentarily. Let me know when you guys are getting together to shoot...would love to fling some with the group. I'll be getting a serving put on the string as soon as possible. Doubt I'll be dealing with Bubba too much. Will verify his inventory, absorb his production and we're pretty much done (he'll still make parts for us but that's it).

Buckey: Love my new Dren. Couldn't be happer with the purchase. I have to be honest though, I wish it was a bit faster but that's my ego talking and not necessity. It's plenty fast and I love the way it shoots. It's everything that I had hoped for and then some.

Handgun: I was in Oakwood GA...about 50 miles north of Atlanta. Absorbed a company called Lanier R/C/Carl Goldberg Models while we were down there. Geez was it hot...record temps every day.

Taco: You did a great job pre-sighting my bow. I wasn't but a fraction of an inch off on all 3 pins.

Still plan on trying the grip dcso was talking about, however now that the STS is on I'll probably just shoot it this way until I get sighted in.

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Dren, if you have to come back down here, bring your bow next time. I live just west of Atlanta. Oakwood isn't that far from where I live and I know a few places that have good 3D ranges.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that "Yeah, it's been hotter than a $2 pistol for the last month". We are getting a little rain in the evenings lately, so it has only been getting into the low 90s.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doubt that I'll be in Georgia again. I think we got everything wrapped up, however if you're ever in Champaign IL send me an e-mail and we'll fling some up here. I'll introduce you to bang...you'll like him....he's frickin' insane. That boy's not right.

Funny you mentioned rain in the evening...we got stranded in the airport when the lightning got so bad that they shut all flights down. Talk about a serious light show. Does it do that a lot down there? If so, is it because of the heat? Cool state...loved it. The people there are awesome. Big hearts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, it does that a lot in the summer. Sweltering hot during the day and then T-Storms in the evening (hopefully). It is not as predictable as Florida T-Storms, but it does happen frequently.
    As for the lightning, we have been having some pretty good shows here the last couple of days.

Thanks for the invite. I do travel a lot for my job, but the closest plant that we have to Champaign is up in Whiting, IN. We used to have a plant just outside of Joliet, but not any more.