In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BowTech Guardian

HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
Have you guys seen this yet. I just read about it. It is definately innovative. I want one! Buckey, you should buy one to review and then send it to me!

Click on the link and then click on the "Center Pivot" link at the bottom right to read about it.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.html

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    yep, been around for close to a year now I think, 6 months at the min. Was their new for '07 whenever the release was.
    Hoping to shoot one this Wed. Not that I can afford $800 for a bare bow but I still wanna shoot it. back in Feb I saw a guy shoot one and was amazed how quiet and fast it was. Hope to give first hand knowledge Wed. if he'll set one up for me.
    The dealer here said he is still skeptical cause it only has the one bolt and it takes a lot of pressure/tension. But loosin both ends and no need for a press.

I like the buckey idea....and a give away if he doesn't like it [:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone in the league I was in shot one last winter. Possible the quietest bow that I have ever not heard.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I may have to run down to the shop and see if my guy has any in stock that are set up. I need to pick up some new arrows for the wife anyway.
    She has just about outgrown her Genesis bow. I want to see if he has one of the Diamond Edge's in too. She is getting really good. Last night she shot 6 arrows at 20 yards and put them all in the 4" circle in the middle of the target.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot one and really hated it! I liked the grip. Very slim low wrist grip. The bow had good balance which I like. The draw cycle is real aggressive like the "fast mods" on their previous models. It pulls hard from the get go and does not let off until the very end of the cycle and then drops sharply. Defiantly a drawback for me... no pun intended. At anchor the buss cables ran through the sight housing causing some interference for me and others. Another big negative! The shot, while quiet, had a lot of vibration. I have hear an STS will take care of this as it is string osculation, but why should you have to add one when others come with string stops for a similar price.