In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LIGHT WIEGHT CLIMBER

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
I have convinced myself to buy a Lone Wolf hand climber wt 14# with 350lb capacity, fold flat and packs easy. I have a couple of other climber and I live them once they are on the tree but they are heavy, a Gand Ole'Man and a Gorrilla Wolverine. I weigh 225 plus gear. Now the question is is there a better lighter climber available? Convince me I am making a good choice or convince me of a better one.

Thanks..........Scout

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Lone wolf is a good stand very light I think you decision shoud hing on how far you have to carry it. how long are you going to spend in it, I personally dont see a lone wolf being that comfortable for a guy of your size, No Offence Take a look at summit they are excellent also equalizer stands are awsome.... If your looking for hot spots to climb up quick with the lone wolf for a 4 hour hunt it's probley a good choice , if you are planning on an all day hunt it would not be my first choice I would go with the equalizer ... Google equalizer stands one of the best in my opinion good luck I hope this helps. nothing wors than being uncomfortable makes you move too mugh plus its hart to stick it out on a full day hunt..www.equalizerstands.com<bad link/tons of spyware
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I use an older model API grand slam shooting star. It weighs 22 lbs, is very easy to set up, I can sit in it all day (read sleep comfortably[:D]) and the shooting rail folds down as a foot rest for bowhunting. I am 275 with gear and I don't have a problem at all.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at the equalizer and I like the leveling system. My grand ole man is a cadillac once you have it on the tree, and it's fairly easy to attach. I just want a lighter more packable one so I can go deeper easier. The gorrilla stand is only 24 pounds and is almost as comfortable as the old man I have which is about 30 pounds. If I get the lone wolf I will probably get both the hand climber and the sit and climb tops so I can use the sit and climb if I am not going far. Thanks for the responses. Any more Ideas?

Scout
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Any more ideas? Nope, IMHO, Lone wolf for light wieght and portability, Summit for comfort. I think you got it figured out.

Good luck and keep us posted on your season.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If you like your ol' Man, they do make a carbon fiber one that is very light.

Ben