In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hunter Safety System

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
I just bought the mesh vest version. I decided to step it up a notch this year. I had a near fall last year and I am not taking taking any more chances.
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you. Wear that thing every time up a tree! I, myself don't care for the HSS,I use the Seat of the Pants by Summit, but that is not important. Just ask my FIL who fell from 25' 2 years ago. He is still having problems from that fall.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I use the summit deal too but have wondered about the Hss. Keep me posted on your progress and personal opinion of the system please.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the seat in the pants also, once I figured out how to get it on for the first time it works great. I wouldn't go into a tree stand without one now. I used to hunt with nothing.
  • Options
    archery10188archery10188 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used seat of the pants also, but switched to HSS this year, i'll tell you what, takes 1 minute to put it on to about 20 min. putting the summit on,,,lol
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine has a new odor of plastic. I sprayed out down with scent elim and have it hanging outside. I can't wait....2 more weeks !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by archery10188
    I have used seat of the pants also, but switched to HSS this year, i'll tell you what, takes 1 minute to put it on to about 20 min. putting the summit on,,,lol

Once you get it set up the first time, it doesn't take any more then a minute getting it on. That first time though, I think it took me an hour to do it, but this was in my living room after it arrived.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fond the trick to just pick it up by the tether end, give it a little shake and it just falls into place. I have never had a problem with it except when I was demonstrating it to a firearm safety class. Never fails until someone is watching. I have another chance to redeem myself in October.